• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

New to RC cars - Bought Hyper 7

steveoc

Hi guys,

Wanted to say hello and thanx for having me.

I am a big kid at heart  - 45 year old and new to the whole nitro RC cars.

Just bought a Hyper 7, 2nd user so have a few spares.

Seems a bit weird this whole glow plug start issue, but I perceived and it started after a good few attempts of holding finger over exhaust, wasnt even sure if the glow plug warmer had charged to be honest - 

Started it and it started running very very fast, again not sure what I did but managed to stop it from shooting off at a million miles an hour.

Had a good couple of minutes of fun, but then the battery connector on the side came loose and came away from car.

The part it connects to seems to be under the main RC pack and I cannot access - do I have to take it all apart just to connect the red connectors?

Any help anybody can offer would be appreciated as I am a Novice with a capital N

Thank you

Steve

Hi and welcome to the forum.

hypers are great cars and parts are cheap and readily available.

head over to the nitro section and have a browse, where you'll find a remedy for your 'million miles an hour' issue. As for the glow start I always keep a few glow plugs in the tool box so I can check if it's charged.