• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Ftx carnage mods

allbluedave

Hey guys. Ok so im looking at modding my carnage to make it faster than it already is. I was thinking of a higher ampage esc and faster motor. Bigger battery. Maybe a double brushless motor if its doable? Bigger spur and bigger cog for the motor. Any sugestions guys. Ive heard that the 3s lipo batterys make it rapid but can kill the motor by over heating. Anybody done the above mods? Cheers guys :)

Not done it myself. But seen double brushless on a couple of things. It means alot of work for a custom mount and stronger just about everything and its a silly idea in real life.

Being serious.... how much are you wanting to spend and how fast do you want and what do you want... top end speed or quick off the mark?

Sent from my Galaxy S5 Neo

On 9/24/2016 at 20:38, allbluedave said:

Hey guys. Ok so im looking at modding my carnage to make it faster than it already is. I was thinking of a higher ampage esc and faster motor. Bigger battery. Maybe a double brushless motor if its doable? Bigger spur and bigger cog for the motor. Any sugestions guys. Ive heard that the 3s lipo batterys make it rapid but can kill the motor by over heating. Anybody done the above mods? Cheers guys :)

Sounds very expensive, would be better off just starting from scratch with something stronger and faster in stock form, then tinkering with that. Im not sure that car or drivetrain will take much more than the factory brushless setup.

Edited by Twist

I had a scan through it chewbacca but not all of it. Theres loads lol. top end speed i was looking at. The 3s batterys look chunkier than the one with the car. Will i need longer battery posts to hold a 3s battery? Never thought of the drive train coping with the extra torque. Maybe a bad idea then lol

I run my Hooligan on 3s 3600mah packs with no modification needed to the posts. I have modified the Hooligan though, it's running an 80a/3000kv combo and Kyosho Rally wheels and tyres. I did do a full strip and rebuild of the diffs etc. Replaced all the ballraces with rubber shielded ones, filled the diffs with oil and rebuilt the shocks. So far the only casualty has been the spur. The diffs have survived very well. 

My Carnage is running an 80a/3520kv combo and has also been treated to a full rebuild. Well, many full rebuilds lol. I don't run it on more than 2s but even so it's lunched a few diff spurs and CVDs. 

Immense fun.

• 5 years later...