• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Advice needed on truggy

Hi

I'm looking to help mate of mine with new toy for his boy, after few conversation with him I advice him to get truggy, little fella is 10 years old, will use in local parks ect. nothing xtream, I would say to go for good old hyper ST, I have been away from rc scene now so not sure what else is there but looking on net not much has changed, I know they both want nitro and not electric, I did say to them it would be lot easy to run electric but they want the noise and smell, so that won't change. Budget is not set but is not a problem buying new, hoping to pick something up for them 2nd hand maybe with more robust parts fitted.

Is there any problem with truggys on longer grass? I know the stance is wider compare to buggy but not sure on ground clearance. 

Any model you will recommend please bear in mind that parts have to be widely available.

Thanks in advance for your help

5 minutes ago, turok007 said:

will they be able to use the nitro in the park  because of the noise.  also if they know nothing about tuning then they will put off quickly.

Well I hope they will, never use to be a problem, plus they have another location where I even use to run so never was a problem, away from houses ect., as for tuning my mate did have nitro at some stage and I know he never was able to tune the engine by him self and  that's where I come well he hopes anyway but I can't be available all the time maybe he's boy would have more idea after few try's, but your right if it was me I would go for electric.

Unless I missed something is there any nation wide band of nitro RC in public places? I know there has been some noise bands by local councils or something along those lines. 

59 minutes ago, adefirestorm said:

Well I hope they will, never use to be a problem, plus they have another location where I even use to run so never was a problem, away from houses ect., as for tuning my mate did have nitro at some stage and I know he never was able to tune the engine by him self and  that's where I come well he hopes anyway but I can't be available all the time maybe he's boy would have more idea after few try's, but your right if it was me I would go for electric.

Unless I missed something is there any nation wide band of nitro RC in public places? I know there has been some noise bands by local councils or something along those lines. 

not banned but what we see as fun  other people may not   so after a few complaints a sign might get put up to say no rc cars.  most people don't mind electric cars  but the noise of a nitro scares some people.   So just as long as common sense is used they should be fine.   As for what car  i would just say go for a well known brand  as spares are easier to find.

Hyper ST is still the goto basher Truggy - the RTR is good but the Pro is great - the Pro needing nothing.  Pro kits have been very thin on the ground recently - something has been 'amiss' at Hobao towers - poss new owners - but stock does seem to be flowing again.  I did hear on the grapevine this week of poss spare parts price rises - I've not seen anything yet but who knows.