• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

ESC - Help choose

Mr.Kdf

Good afternoon,
i want to buy a brushless motor and a ESC.

My first question is if you know some store like hobbyking, but in europe.

I want to buy a motor like this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3670-4Poles-2150KV-Brushless-Motor-for-RC-1-8-1-10-off-road-Monster-Car-Boat-UK-/201368923164?hash=item2ee285ec1c:g:IHEAAOSwNSxVDH8s

The only problem of this motor is the voltage, i would prefer one with same parameters but with lower maximum voltage, around 15 volts.
What means Sensored /Sensorless in a brushless motor ?

My big question is about ESC.
I know that the ESC should be 20% higher than the motor maximum current. No problem.
The problem is, how i program ESC (number of poles, etc)? I need to buy a programming card, right?  With i know which one to choose.

Best regards,
Hugo Ferreira

Edited by Mr.Kdf

Which RC do you want to fit the brushless combo into? 

Sensored is used by racers, it means a smoother take off from a standing start, as a sensor lead between ESC and motor detects exactly which phase the poles are in. 

Not worth bothering with for a basher.

The motor linked draws 70a max current, so a 100a plus Esc will be fine, I would personally go for 120a.

10 minutes ago, Noj said:

Which RC do you want to fit the brushless combo into? 

Is for a boat. 

12 minutes ago, Noj said:

Not worth bothering with for a basher.

What is a basher ?

12 minutes ago, Noj said:

The motor linked draws 70a max current, so a 100a plus Esc will be fine, I would personally go for 120a.

Agree!

31 minutes ago, Mr.Kdf said:

Good afternoon,
i want to buy a brushless motor and a ESC.

My first question is if you know some store like hobbyking, but in europe.

I want to buy a motor like this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3670-4Poles-2150KV-Brushless-Motor-for-RC-1-8-1-10-off-road-Monster-Car-Boat-UK-/201368923164?hash=item2ee285ec1c:g:IHEAAOSwNSxVDH8s

The only problem of this motor is the voltage, i would prefer one with same parameters but with lower maximum voltage, around 15 volts.
What means Sensored /Sensorless in a brushless motor ?

My big question is about ESC.
I know that the ESC should be 20% higher than the motor maximum current. No problem.
The problem is, how i program ESC (number of poles, etc)? I need to buy a programming card, right?  With i know which one to choose.

Best regards,
Hugo Ferreira

Look for a Hobbywing WP-SC8, 120amp, 4S (16.4v MAX) tried and tested by many :)

1 minute ago, Mr.Kdf said:

Is for a boat. 

What is a basher ?

Agree!

Basher... Not on a race track. Just "Bashing" around in a park, field, woods, across some stones etc etc. Don't need all the high tech equipment racers use to shave thousandths off of their lap times 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Noj said:

Are you not better purchasing a specific boat set up??? (I know nowt about marine, lol!)

If i find a store in europe to order. All the store are from EUA, Australia and China.
The stores that i found in europe are very expensive or don't have material, for this reason i am searching for the materials separately.

Edited by Mr.Kdf

27 minutes ago, Mr.Kdf said:

If i find a store in europe to order. All the store are from EUA, Australia and China.
The stores that i found in europe are very expensive or don't have material, for this reason i am searching for the materials separately.

Have a look on HobbyKing mate, have European stockist. Most people get there batteries and cheaper brushless combos from there :)

Cornwall Model Boats have a great range of marine RC gear, and are very helpful if you contact them with questions. Prices are good too. I'd recommend having a look at least. Here is the link:

http://www.cornwallmodelboats.co.uk

• Like 1