• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

New to rc and need help please

Damo88

Problem solved ! New servo saver and handles fine .. Got the car started went for a little run and wahey new issue [emoji20] throttle but car moves dead slow even full throttle still slow moving it will pick up speed eventually but I cut it off and went back in the house as something is for sure wrong 

Could you get a video of that?

Im assuming engine tune but i wouldnt want to say what to do until i see it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

33 minutes ago, Damo88 said:

Problem solved ! New servo saver and handles fine .. Got the car started went for a little run and wahey new issue :( throttle but car moves dead slow even full throttle still slow moving it will pick up speed eventually but I cut it off and went back in the house as something is for sure wrong 

On 9.8.2016 at 00:24, Deafty said:
  • it could be a simple matter of the servo saver not functioning correctly

You mentioned your lack of knowledge, but looks like you've learnt a lot in just a couple of days :good:

Yeah fast learner me (points to the 80 odd magazines) lol :) I can't get a video right now cuz I need use of the other phone , but as much as I can tell you now is when the throttle is applied the car moves but not very much almost like something is skipping or slipping also there's a noise when applied throttle but can't explain the sound .. Visually the drive shaft is spinning fine and the two cogs at the back of the engine are fine with no sheeted teeth

Have a look at the mesh of your clutch bell with your centre diff.

If you are not sure how to do this A quick search on the forum will produce some results on this.

And like said probably needs a tune up. 

4 minutes ago, russruss123 said:

Have a look at the mesh of your clutch bell with your centre diff.

If you are not sure how to do this A quick search on the forum will produce some results on this.

And like said probably needs a tune up. 

Sorry to sound stupid but by the mesh on the clutch bell you mean the teeth on it?

Sorry to sound stupid but by the mesh on the clutch bell you mean the teeth on it?

Yes, you want to look at how the clutch bell teeth and the spur gear teeth are meshing together.

They can be too close together or too far away.

I tend to judge it by hand and sight but some people say put a peice of paper inbetween them to find a good mesh

15 hours ago, Burridge said:

That meshing looks fine, check the cups that your driveshafts go into, the grub screws holding them on might have come loose. If the engine is revving well with no bogging down then it's most likely a transmission issue

Took your advice pal and everything looks okay to me can't see anything loose , at the minute I have the fuel tank and electrics box off and it's come to my attention that if I roll the driveshaft backwards everything grips and car moves back fine but If I do it forward it skips somewhere and car doesn't roll forward ... 

So today I pulled the rear transmission apart not one tooth looks bad or even worn away nothing damaged everything in transmission and out side of the box looks fine but still getting a skip when trying to move the car forward lol on the upside just got some cash put back for a hpi rs4 evo 3 waheeey... But still this ain't over yet ? it will be running ... Eventually lol

So today I pulled the rear transmission apart not one tooth looks bad or even worn away nothing damaged everything in transmission and out side of the box looks fine but still getting a skip when trying to move the car forward lol on the upside just got some cash put back for a hpi rs4 evo 3 waheeey... But still this ain't over yet ? it will be running ... Eventually lol

I dont quite understand what you mean by skip?

You roll the car forward and it becomes hard to roll or you feel it jolt?

There's a skip as in if I rotate the drive shaft to move the car forward something skips so the drive shaft rotates but the wheels do not turn like there's a few teeth missing in the gear but I've checked everything over and no damage anywhere .. So I dunno I'm stumped

front or rear is this skipping feeling ? 

two points to look at one the front should be a drive line rod leading to the front diff box (drive box for wheels) on that drive box tends to be a small cup like metal thing, its got a grub screw in it to hold it to the shaft it sits on. sometimes these can slip if not tight and set on the flat part of that shaft  it sits on. have a look there slightly undo the grub screw and rock the wheel back and forwards as you tighten down that grub screw again. 

the other area is inside the diff itself, there are some moon gears and planetary gears, sometimes these loose a tooth or two and you find the front-rear diff skipping. but this check does require you to strip down the front/rear end and pull apart the diff to check it. good time to print out the manual so you can use it to help you strip down and rebuild once checked.