• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Truck suggestions.

So, through one thing and another going wrong with it (I won't go into details, this isn't a review thread) with my Arrma and a severe lack of spares availability, MS have told me to return it to them, for either a full refund or the value off another purchase.

Having had a quick look, I can't see anything that's jumped out immediately at me.

We're planning to drive down tomorrow, so wondered if anyone has any suggestions on what I could get?

Ideally something with reasonable ground clearance and will take normal stick pack LiPos.

RTR or kit, isn't too important, 2wd/4wd isn't too important, but must be a fairly mainstream brand so spares are available readily.

Main criteria are decent ground clearance and the LiPo tray being of a decent size.

Mini 8ight-T is very tempting, having decent ground clearance for it's size, although smaller LiPos will need buying, not a biggie.

Anything else that fits my needs chaps?

I heard Rcmart has the pede at £230 shipped I think it's the 4x4 version. Or they might have other rcs on offer.  

But it'd mean refund from Ms.  

Mst cmx 1/10 scale truck looks nice if it's anything like the mst drift cars in quality and beautiful looks, could be a nice scaler. Read the Rcmart news page some great news in ther. 

3racing have a scaler coming or something.  

Axial have a true monster jam truck coming grave digger replica looks cool. 

Edited by RCbutcher

That sounds like extra expense and time though fella, to convert the rally car to something a bit more lifted... I still think the ground we run at will be a tad rough though, to get smooth running, in some places theirs quite a lot of little tree stumps and tree trunks with thick veins coming out of them which stuff can get caught up on.

Unfortunately the Stampede doesn't do it for me in the looks department :(

MS recommended that too lol

19 minutes ago, Nitroholic said:

I've actually been fairly happy with my Savage XS. I only run it on 2S, and it has been reliable.

This is meant to be a really good little truck. Is it a pain to work on?

ECX Amp? looks fun although i have no idea whether its any good

Kyosho AXXE?

is the new version of the jumpshot out yet? the BL one? or has the hpi thingy kinda put it on hold atm?

Edit

i do not own or claim any of these are any good, just suggestions...

Edited by cookie666uk

I'm currently looking at the Helion invictus. Savage xs, stampede, hpi bullet flux, e-firestorm all look good. The mega wasn't really designed for lipo so that's probably your problem.

Edited by Twist

The Savage XS does look fun but at £310 is quite steep for such a small truck.

Especially, as if memory serves, they overheat quite easily on 3s?

That Kyosho Axxe looks pretty damn cool!

Yeti trophy truck is still the top runner at the moment though, with the SCBe very very close second, but I don't want to buy something just for the sake of it, however, going to MS tomorrow is going to be my last chance for a while and as our post office is closed, I won't be able to send this truck back either, so it would be great to get a deal done tomorrow on something new, obviously don't want to rush into a purchase for the sake of it though.

Thanks for all the suggestions too, given me some good stuff to look through.

Anymore? :P

2 hours ago, mond said:

This is meant to be a really good little truck. Is it a pain to work on?

I suppose....yes....but I am used to Savages, and can strip them with my eyes closed....so I don;t find it a problem.

3S also wears out the diff inputs as well. It's plenty fun on 2S, and frankly hard to control on 3S.

I wouldn;t touch a Jumpshot unless they have sorted the driveline and put in some metal gears

The Savage is tempting, I've looked at them before, however I'm not a huge fan of their chassis for working on, I'll turn my hand to anything of course, but they are a pain to work on if you are bored of spannering which I am :lol: plus the price seems steep to me at £309.

That Losi SCBe looks great fun... I would be buying the Yeti Trophy without a second thought if the RTR looked like the kit version... Hate that lime green body and it's nearly £60 just for the shell kit.

Been offered the kit version and a Castle SV3 4600kv combo for £377 posted, brand new from my friends shop, so may just end up with a full refund and buy that.. Hmm.