• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

my 29cc dbxl.........

evssv

59 minutes ago, mond said:

It's the one thing I dislike about that ESC. No switch. What were they thinking.

Indeed, why not fit a plug-in switch harness? "Don't want a switch? That's fine, just remove it. Do want a switch? Leave the switch harness plugged in." Easy enough in theory. 

Edited by Tug

6 minutes ago, froggy8 said:

no way is that real! unless that is a mini can.

you saying the dbxl motor is same as a normal can size?? that is mental! :D

Maybe not quite despite what it looks like.

Check out 7 mins 20 secs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, froggy8 said:

any chance sticking another motor next to the dbxl motor for size comparison please bud?

1515 on the left, 1717 in the centre and 2028 to the right. 

IMG_20160608_160409.jpg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tug said:

1515 on the left, 1717 in the centre and 2028 to the right. 

IMG_20160608_160409.jpg

thank you Tug!

i thought the 1717 was massive till i saw the 2028 :huh:

5 minutes ago, froggy8 said:

thank you Tug!

i thought the 1717 was massive till i saw the 2028 :huh:

The 1717 is a fairly sizeable lump (49mm girth), but it ain't nuttin' compared to the 2028. :thumbsup:

I'm not allowed to finish  my soldering  until after  t. ..:rolleyes:...... she says it stinks. .....well i guess i did burn that block of wood right up last night. .....wheni finished  i noticed a smokey  haze in the kitchen.....:lol:.....did stink a bit woody....

12 minutes ago, Tug said:

The 1717 is a fairly sizeable lump (49mm girth), but it ain't nuttin' compared to the 2028. :thumbsup:

thinking about putting the 2028 in my savage :D

4 minutes ago, evssv said:

I'm not allowed to finish  my soldering  until after  t. ..:rolleyes:...... she says it stinks. .....well i guess i did burn that block of wood right up last night. .....wheni finished  i noticed a smokey  haze in the kitchen.....:lol:.....did stink a bit woody....

they do stink! when i tried soldering, it geo everywhere and silly me, i didnt use a fan or open the window lol

It would be a squeese into a Savvy,probably been done tho.

I`m sure i heard/read they can deliver up to 10Hp somewhere,proper beastly looking can.

Sadly,i`m thinking of letting my Castle Baja conversion go,got some big bills to deal with.

4 minutes ago, froggy8 said:

thinking about putting the 2028 in my savage :D

It'll work, but not that wise without a slipper, too much torque. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tug said:

It'll work, but not that wise without a slipper, too much torque. 

i was only joking, i didnt think it would work as you said, too powerful but you have proved me wrong.

3 minutes ago, twisty said:

It would be a squeese into a Savvy,probably been done tho.

I`m sure i heard/read they can deliver up to 10Hp somewhere,proper beastly looking can.

Sadly,i`m thinking of letting my Castle Baja conversion go,got some big bills to deal with.

always the problem, the amount of times i had to sell my rc for bills :(

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, froggy8 said:

i was only joking, i didnt think it would work as you said, too powerful but you have proved me wrong.

I ran my Savvy with a 780KV motor, only for a couple of packs, ran sweet as. I didn't leave it in there for fear of ripping the drivetrain apart every other run. 

20141026_212126.jpg

Quite a nice fit really. 

Edited by Tug

1 minute ago, Tug said:

I ran my Savvy with a 780KV motor, only for a couple of packs, ran sweet as. I didn't leave it in there for fear of ripping the drivetrain apart every other run. 

you have really got me thinking now :)

but i think i am goingto get the 1717 as when i had that in my xl, i loved it!

like you said if i did get the 2028 then knowing my luck i would rip the drivetrain well apart!

19 minutes ago, losi8igh said:

If I go brushless I will probably get one of these to solder connectors with

http://www.amazon.fr/Dremel-F0132000KA-Coffret-multifonctions-Versatip/dp/B002LARRQW

quite like the idea of a torch to solder with rather than a tip,might heat up quicker and be easier?

Got one of these myself and now wouldn't be without one . Does struggle with the thicker gauge wire though as its pointed solder tip

3 hours ago, froggy8 said:

sorry

yeah sorry evssv mate

No worries...:good:...chat on......it looks like i may have my 1/5th 4wd mt after all...:yes:in black.... 20160608_203850_zps6swqbpaq.jpg 20160608_203911_zpsmwmq25go.jpg 20160608_203951_zpsh2dl4fsh.jpg...or red.... 20160608_210449_zps2hmypyeo.jpg 20160608_210510_zpsfesmrb5d.jpg....jus sum bigger fatter wheels. . 20160608_210753_zpsbpdch7fy.jpgjus finished up  the last  2 bullets . .... 20160608_220924_zpsqkaoj7sy.jpg