• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Stadium Trucks at Notts and Derby Off Road

Legend Racer

Great day at NDOR for the Stadium Trucks, it was round 1 or their summer series. Only myself and Tom ran Stadiums this time but we're hoping to get more interest before long :D:D:D

The track started off very slick but get better and better as the day went on and the sun came out. From the four qualifying rounds we both broke down in the second one as Tom had ESC trouble and my UJ came apart. The other 3 runs were reasonably well although i did have a front wishbone mount break in round 4 and finished the last lap and a half with the front wishbone flapping around, had that not happened I'd have got a ten lapper easily.

Final started well and I had a good lead from Tom but a few mistakes and he caught up, then my front camber link pulled off but Tom crashed on the triple and I caught up on the last lap and in the end after FIFTEEN MINUTES there was only 100th of a second between us with me taking the win, although Tom had waited for me earlier so we could cross the line together :D

All in all a fantastic day, best day's racing I've ver had at NDOR

NDOR%20ST%20Control%20Centre_zpst5qdnruh

Wishbone%20carrier%20broke%20near%20end%

7_zpstnmptfnp.jpg

00_zpsc9laeccj.jpg

5_zpsmy3tmolo.jpg

0_zpsfy9jss6s.jpg

4_zpsdfs1ruup.jpg

10_zpscvl0kceo.jpg

Edited by Legend Racer
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Although NDOR (Notts and Derby Off Road) is a 1/8th track I managed to get a few others interested in putting together our own heat of Stadium Trucks for Round 3 of their Summer Series.

DSCF1249_zpst1oqv6vv.jpg

DSCF1254_zpstnfi8gmb.jpg

DSCF1252_zpsib9onnus.jpg

DSCF1253_zpsnccccxfy.jpg

Eight competitors with mainly budget priced Stadium Trucks took to the track for 4 rounds of 7 minute heats and the 15 minute final.
We had
1 HPI Firestorm
1 ECX Circuit
1 Durango DEST210
2 Associated T5m
2 Thunder Tiger Phoenix (although had lots of Associated T3 parts fitted)
1 Team C
1 FTX Siege

Yes I know that's 9 but the Siege was my spare truck which I had to use for the last round of qualifying and final as the Durango lost it's front wheel and axle after the first lap in qualifying meaning I had to finish that race on 3 wheels and with a rear tyre coming off...it was fun to say the least.

Qualifying was shared between the T5m's of Brandon and Phil Young with the only other mid motored truck, my Durango not doing well at all firstly having receiver issues and then losing a wheel, and then another wheel

Clipboard06_zpsiq5scfbl.jpg

6_zpsoabhhck3.jpg

14_zpscwlbx0tx.jpg

18_zpsbpm6xqlu.jpg

29_zps98wmoaae.jpg

7_zpsolzbd2pj.jpg

The final also went to one of the three people travelling from out of the region as Young Brandon took a fantastic win with his T5m, the closest my reserve truck the FTX Siege could get was a lap behind followed by another one of the travellers, Reece with his Team C in third another lap further back.

35_zpsp0ffvfog.jpg

All an all a great first ever Stadium Truck heat at NDOR and hoping we can add to the success on the 24th July at Round 4. The fantastic weather is already booked ;) 

Edited by Legend Racer