• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

3 hours ago, rushboy2004 said:

Post-man just delivered my new motor :) 

No customs to which is unusual when I get it shipped to work.

ilyjo1.jpg

Very nice where did you get yours ? Mine still stuck in customs :( 

I wonder how many jobs are lost because of customs hiding stuff. I can imagine " Yeah we'll have it done by the end of the month, I've just gotta order a part."  Delivery time's 5 days.3 months later..... customs have a ransom card put through the workers door. :boredlook:

Edited by NOFX
Autocadrivel is posting bollocks

12 minutes ago, rushboy2004 said:

https://wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/278564/

Traxxas X-MAXX 8S Upgrade Kit (Inc £200 Refundable Deposit)

Now £599.00

£20 cheaper than a few weeks ago

TBH I did look on RC Mart for one and they've all gone. I just presumed there wouldn't be an more.

The whole thing is only £300 more haha

Not certain the 1717 will be an advance on stock - brilliant motor that it is, this is a big truck.

This is the motor I use - absolutely fantastic - well built as well: http://www.rcecho.com/SKYRC-TORO-1-5-RC-Model-BEAST-X524-2Y-910KV-4-Poles-Brushless-Motor-IM669.html

Al.

Hi guys.... loving seeing news of new stuff available for the x. 

Sadly im no longer an owner. Sold mine last night for £670 inc the hd traxxas gears id never fitted. 

I do therefore have 2 items left that some of you may want. 

1) the diff gears ( front and rear set) spiral cut direct from China. Out the pack but never fitted. They look very solid compared to the traxxas hd's.... thicker and more material in general. 

2) I have a wheelie bar coming from jrc. The traxxas one. 

Sadly at the moment I'm not a v2 buyer. Too many 1/5 scales. I definitely am keen to get one at some point though. 

other than the diff gears being poor after a year of ownership I've been totally happy with the truck and I'd recommend it to anyone. 

Durability wise 2 rear hubs and a shock shaft!.... that's bloody good considering the hits it's had. Cracked wheels that I still have and use on my 5ive. Bought it for £650 sold it for £600 a year later.... never done that well on any other rc!

Ill b watching this thread w interest to get my xmaxx fix. :lol:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, atom3624 said:

Not certain the 1717 will be an advance on stock - brilliant motor that it is, this is a big truck.

This is the motor I use - absolutely fantastic - well built as well: http://www.rcecho.com/SKYRC-TORO-1-5-RC-Model-BEAST-X524-2Y-910KV-4-Poles-Brushless-Motor-IM669.html

Al.

I have a. 5692 Leopard motor (730kv) and Kershaw mount to install as well,  the 1717 mount was only $17, I wanted to do a comparison since I have a 1717 sitting on the bench.  

46 minutes ago, Timritchieblue said:

I have a. 5692 Leopard motor (730kv) and Kershaw mount to install as well,  the 1717 mount was only $17, I wanted to do a comparison since I have a 1717 sitting on the bench.  

Sounds fair enough.

I love the 1717 motor, but think that size is 'just on the limit', unless you're not going to push too far.

Al.