• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

17 minutes ago, Guns said:

Are the GPM ones definately the same as the eBay ones? Wonder how much the new Traxxas ones will be?

No idea you can email both parties but I bet both won't reply ;) 

All I know Is I paid a lot less than both are now I think they where $90 shipped back then which wasn't too bad so far there working out just fine ;) 

7 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

DO YOU THINK that Dan stopped his development when he got wind of the Traxxas upgrade, but was made to agree to say nothing?  !!

Just a thought.

Al.

Maybe and would explain why the have yet to materialise, perhaps these are the very same ones Traxxas are now using ? 

You never know ? 

Stranger things.

It all seemed a bit of a coincidence.

'A batch was made' then word is it's not up to scratch, and then there's delay after delay, then suddenly, the BIG ANNOUNCEMENT .... 8S conversion kit!

Al.

10 minutes ago, Guns said:

Has anyone on here broke the driveshaft pins? I think the new driveshafts in the 8s kit have thicker pins hence looking the same

One of the first little mods I did was I swapped those pins out for harden steel dowel pins they only cost a few quid on eBay. So imnot paying Traxxas prices for them that's for sure  

Edited by mydoddy69

1 hour ago, Guns said:

Has anyone on here broke the driveshaft pins? I think the new driveshafts in the 8s kit have thicker pins hence looking the same

Nope

On 12/12/2016 at 23:50, atom3624 said:

DO YOU THINK that Dan stopped his development when he got wind of the Traxxas upgrade, but was made to agree to say nothing?  !!

Just a thought.

Al.

Just seen this on Facebook look at the new release date from Kershaws !! 

C3028332-0B9E-4BA2-9E7B-58F49DBC00AC_zps

Absolutely zero chance Traxxas have gone to a back street minor place like Kershaw... theyre a multi million pound company for gods sake. Its purely coincidental. Especially been as kershaw is a bit cowboy in comparison. If it was UE I may be able to accept it...

• Like 2

Slightly extreme, but I was thinking the same thing - just think how many THOUSANDS of gears they would have to make - that's one hell of a contract!!

I DO think he may have received a 'polite whisper' that it may not be to his advantage to continue, as the upgrade was coming, and testwork was showing it's actually reliable - relatively speaking!

Al.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Guns said:

Absolutely zero chance Traxxas have gone to a back street minor place like Kershaw... theyre a multi million pound company for gods sake. Its purely coincidental. Especially been as kershaw is a bit cowboy in comparison. If it was UE I may be able to accept it...

Wow that's harsh fella you really don't like Kershaws do you . 

Any1 got in touch with logic about this upgrade kit and uk availability/ price/ esc deal?

i have sent 3 emails over the week and got no response. 

Had no time to call but i will when i get the chance. :mellow:

Edited by Ocdcbr

Just now, Ocdcbr said:

Any1 got in touch with logic about this upgrade kit and uk availability/ price/ esc deal?

i have sent 3 emails over the week and got no response. 

Had no time to call but i will when i get the chance. :mellow:

Yes like you I emailed and like you they've yet to reply :ack:

According to what I've read on the web it's only USA that's doing a walk in or send in so if you want it you have to go through Traxxas but some are saying it won't let you pay at checkout if your outside the USA . I haven't tried myself and I'm not going to I'll just wait for the bits I want to be released and go from there 

• Like 1

Nice link mate. Think I might well b getting those.... at some point. Still got the traxxas hd's to try of course. 

Just got off off the phone to Stuart at logic. They are in discussions with traxxas over what they believe the uk market will want. Basically the drive train parts by the sound of it. 

He said the stock motor will run on 8s but geared for heat concerns..... of course. 

Looking at Feb onwards hopefully for individual parts that we will all want... unlikely the full kit. 

Interestingly he suggested the hd gears are better than the gears in this new xmaxx as they r still wax something'd ( formed?).... and likely there will be another "hd" set of these newer gears as it's the cd and Cush of course that's being relied upon to hemp the diff gears. 

So stay put and order the parts u want when they become available seems the general advice. ( as doddy etc r all thinking anyhow) 

logic said theyd put up pricing and reply to questions on this as and when they have any useful info ( part numbers and pricing)

:thumbsup:

Edited by Ocdcbr