• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Good upgrades for Maverick Ion XB/RX

TheCatajig

I am wandering what thickness lexan sheet I should order.I don't want it to heavy but not to thin.I have parts of an old cut up savage body here and that thickness seems ideal but I don't have one of those things to measure it.

My shocks and other set of our drives turned up today.Strangely these out drives are the correct size yet ordered from the same company

The new shocks are quite a bit stiffer than the stockers..

Edited by martin34

After a ride outside, now front tyre is cut ( on the side wall), one rim cracked :-), getting sick of it. :-))). If I have to spend money, so then lets go bigger :-)). Ordered H.King Desert Fox, let's see once it arrives :-))).

Starting to feel the same. Need new rear hubs after son broke his, and noticed the front diff is starting to go too. Time to try a new car instead of spending more on this little thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2016 at 17:03, martin34 said:

My shocks and other set of our drives turned up today.Strangely these out drives are the correct size yet ordered from the same company

The new shocks are quite a bit stiffer than the stockers..

I had an ION XB originally and then bought an HPI Spino brushless - largely a brushless version of the same car but the stock HPI shocks and the alloy upgrades I purchased for it had much, much stiffer springs. So much so it had no grip and just did random spins and doughnuts on tarmac. I put the ION springs back on and all was well. The upgrade shocks may have these much too stiff springs...