• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Back into the groove..

Thorpey69

Well after a fairly long break from the hobby,my interest was rekindled by the gift of a Tamiya Sandrover at Christmas from the missus.First thing I did was dump the naff nylon bushes and fitted a bearing kit throughout,I then dumped the puny 380 motor and replaced it with a Tamiya 540 black sprint motor,coupled to a lipo ready esc.

I had a 2.4 receiver kicking around along with a steering servo from one of my Axial Scx10's,the next thing was a suitably 60's 70's style paint colour,which I also had in the cupboard.

After full assembly and a very brief test run, I had no choice but to order a set of gold alloy shocks,the fronts fitted fine but the rears were too short,so a set of standard Scx10 shocks were stripped for their damping rods (also gold) and along with the springs these were assembled and fitted...I hate standard low quality suspension,so this mod has really please me.

Overall I'm really chuffed with the build although I'll probably never run it..

URL]URL]Tried to upload pic,but doesn't seem to work like it use to..

Anyway just ordered a Tamiya Lancia Delta Integrale kit,already have a 4350kv brushless kit sat here for it and a set of rubber sealed bearings on its way....good to be back.