• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Any Trophy 4.6 Truggy hop ups, Sorted Please Close

SlayerLayer

Im looking for any hop ups. as I've tried to look for some but haven't found many.

Also need some metal skid plates

So anything is welcome as i have to buy more Christmas presents for myself :D

Need some mudguards that will fit the truggy fairly easily hopefully.

Some shock towers front and rear.

Skid plate or maybe some t bone bumbers.

And just anything else that anyone wants to sell that will fit.

Edited by SlayerLayer

Hyper 7 / ST CNC steering knuckles fit the trophy buggy (so if the Truggy uses the same knuckles and hubs...), and are a great replacement for the cheese metal stockers that strip the threads out if you even minutely over tighten them / run them hard on a track.

Never ran one, whenever anyone turns up with one to the track / bashing they don't seem to keep them long.  I think I've heard that some Vorza parts are suitable replacements, there's a coupe HPI experts on here, dazp springs to mind, that might be able to advise you much better.

I'm not certain the the hyper 7 hubs fit.  Well they may fit but the geometry is likely well off causing all sorts of steering issues.

Go to asia tees look under the trophy buggy and check compatibility in the owners thread here on msuk.

Thanks capri-boy but i don't need the hyper 7 knuckles, like deafty said could cause me some issues, so id rather go for something that someone has tried before, like the king headz KP-855 i know that works and their good if mine ever break that will be the replacement.

Yeah dazp is a great help hes just helped me figure out some adapters to go with the massively wide wheels my missus has brought me for Christmas lol, but yeah dazp is very helpful ::Dand has helped me a few times already.

But im just looking for bits to upgrade I've already got a few but not many.

6 hours ago, Deafty said:

I'm not certain the the hyper 7 hubs fit.  Well they may fit but the geometry is likely well off causing all sorts of steering issues.

Go to asia tees look under the trophy buggy and check compatibility in the owners thread here on msuk.

6 hours ago, SlayerLayer said:

Thanks capri-boy but i don't need the hyper 7 knuckles, like deafty said could cause me some issues, so id rather go for something that someone has tried before, like the king headz KP-855 i know that works and their good if mine ever break that will be the replacement.

Yeah dazp is a great help hes just helped me figure out some adapters to go with the massively wide wheels my missus has brought me for Christmas lol, but yeah dazp is very helpful ::Dand has helped me a few times already.

But im just looking for bits to upgrade I've already got a few but not many.

I've tried before, on the Trophy buggy, as I said.  From memory they we're almost identical.  So if the Truggy uses the same part as the buggy, they'll fit fine.  From memory they we're cheaper than the HPI upgrade part too.

I don't need it as I've already got a spare stock set in case these go as their so cheap but mine still haven't broken, but thanks anyway mate 

On Wed Dec 02 2015 15:54:19 GMT+0000, capri-boy said:

I've tried before, on the Trophy buggy, as I said.  From memory they we're almost identical.  So if the Truggy uses the same part as the buggy, they'll fit fine.  From memory they we're cheaper than the HPI upgrade part too.

1 hour ago, phathippie said:

i know for a fact some D8T parts are usable in the 4.6 as im in process of rebuilding a flux with a few parts from the D8T nd they slot on nicely

Some do fit I've done a bit on mine (flux) but not overly impressed with the handling, plus you have to change the shocks if using the towers, rear wing mount, and if the rear arms are used you cannot set the droop screws (too far away from chassis). steering isn't as good either because of the angle change. Also you have to change front shafts to D8T 131mm if using the carriers as the stock shafts don't fit which is costly. If you use 133mm at the front it hits the outdrives and bends. If you do change carriers then use the Hellfire ones and your stock shafts will fit (I did had to mod the steering arms a little for the rods) but as I said the steering isn't as good. Also with D8T front arms you are restricted to 3.8 wheels only, and they rub the arms. Keep it simple like for like alloy/better quality standard parts I'd say, use Vorza diffs, D812 inner hinge pins.

1cWy9JX.jpg

Rhp2SxL.jpg

7OenLeR.jpg

Edited by dazp1976