• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Leeds bash

DBXL J4CKG

There was a regular monthly meet going in wakefield. That I was going to over the summer but I haven't seen any recent posts about it :(

• 1 month later...
On 19/02/2019 at 13:26, Peachy37 said:

Me and a pal usual go to the old abandoned Quarry near Shadwell, it’s epic, huge and perfect for bashing. Other than that we go to a bmx track near Roundhay 

where is that exactly? could you like it on google maps?

Edited by Jumper

41 minutes ago, AzIsmail said:

Yes i was struggling to find this myself. 

Any ideas of how to get here.

Is it called Dan Quarry by any chance?

not a clue

4 hours ago, Peachy37 said:

Clayton Wood, Woodside Quarry.

its perfect for Bashing, all types of terrain, loads of bumps for jumps, very sandy though so take some towels / baby wipes to clean as you go !

thanks, i shall have to check it out next weekend :good:

• 1 month later...

Went and checked it out today and it was super windy. the quarry bit is very rough and there were some big puddles, but there were some decent jumps in the woods around :) 

9 hours ago, Jumper said:

Went and checked it out today and it was super windy. the quarry bit is very rough and there were some big puddles, but there were some decent jumps in the woods around :) 

Me and a mate went to check this place out too yesterday. Was bloody freezing lol.

Like you said, the surface was bumpy. I don’t think it was the best place to bash in all honesty. Also, not good if you have a child as when i was there, we seen lads on dirt bikes and lads getting drunk at 11am. Madness. 

Edited by AzIsmail

8 hours ago, AzIsmail said:

Me and a mate went to check this place out too yesterday. Was bloody freezing lol.

Like you said, the surface was bumpy. I don’t think it was the best place to bash in all honesty. Also, not good if you have a child as when i was there, we seen lads on dirt bikes and lads getting drunk at 11am. Madness. 

That is a shame. I was there later in the afternoon and there weren't that many people around. Just a few people walked past in the wood bit. The surface would be more suitable for 1%5th scales or 6th scales.