• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Orlandoo 1/35 crawler

Hammy

I have everything now :) it looks great tires don't feel cheap tat. The servo and motor are much smaller than I expected. I really hope it goes together easy. I've only built one kit before. 

I've done afew static models but messed them all up at some stage. Usually paint trying to brush on enamel paint. 

The ford raptor body sometimes has a mud splat detail up the rear end. How do people do that on the hunter? 

Edited by RCbutcher

Wow you can get full metal drive line for this now. 

Centre shafts are £8

Orlandoo F150 OH35P01 KIT Parts Upgrade Metal Drive Shaft Set MD5-350

Axles and axle add ons £52

Orlandoo F150 OH35P01 KIT Parts Metal Front & Real Axle Set MD5-550

I can't paste links so pasted the items titles search them on bangood. 

What would be harder tho metal axles or a new chassis to allow losi gearbox and motor. 

I am struggling to build mine lol, I had to give up my eyes hurt I have good eyes too. But I crossed them so much trying to get screws into holes everything became a blur. 

I might finish it in the kitchen under a better light. 

My ball studs won't accept the Allen key either so I used plyers to twist them in. I messed two up so used a dab of shoo goo.

Did anyone else struggle with the new type ball joints I wish i had the flat head driver ones. 

Hey!

heres a little update.

got myself a driver, work has continued on the dash, the false rear bed is under construction to house a rifle draw.

and table too mountain top is coming along!

9F7E1ED8-B25E-4CC8-B50F-2298B42C0AA7.jpg

831D8130-6C8B-4B35-831D-12C0B8B26A43.jpg

552DE4AE-5AD1-4B97-94AF-6B8B2118C095.jpg

641BC846-FA7C-4E87-BA28-7D4CC5AFF73B.jpg

B3454431-EA94-4BF1-9D9D-536C740933C8.jpg

I ruined mine lol. I must have got bad ball studs it's like ther drilled out totally round. 

I used plyers to twist them in and that's contributed to the shoddy build. But worse still I think I drilled two of the holes wrong. 

Once I fitted the front axle it was skewed. I know I messed up one rear shock mount. So I drilled it the same the other side but it didn't look right. 

I then went on to totally destroy the drive shafts, I put the 2mm yokes on first, only just got them on hassle free. But then realised I needed the 3mm yokes. Since the plastics was already stressed out that didn't work. So one is mangled up now.  

I orderd the metal drive shafts instead. I wanted a hubsan x4 so put them on that order to cLear my paypal.

I'm going to order another chassis and ball studs soon and try again.  My hand drill snapped not sure how I was drunk (new years eve) stupid I know but I got home still wired so thought ide make the links up. But got carried away. 

It's a good job parts can be brought seperatly lol. I may end up getting through afew chassis we never know. 

Yours is looking great hammy. Top job the blue is nice, I'm thinking about a metallic red for one of my bodies Bcos I have some TS already hope it's enough.  

Got mine finished and running.

Goes nicely enough, but I am not happy with the shocks. They are way too soft. My first run was before I had stuck down the battery, and any tip to the side caused it to shift....and when it did, the car just ran tilted hard over!

Also not sure I like the clip on the front to hold the shell on....feels very tight, and I am concerned it will snap. Especially as I have to take it off after every run to switch off the battery.

Oh yes...and the LEDs .... the rear ones were a nightmare and I never managed to get them done. the fronts seem to have stopped working too now, so perhaps I need to go back and re-look at those. Horridly fiddly and hard to get a decent solder at that size.

Went for a nice bright yellow paintjob, and that looks good with the black trim :)

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to hear your having problems butcher.

nitro, yeah those rear led's are sure fiddly!!! And the shocks are very soft! I've been thinking of looking for losi alloy versions.

so, 

i was was asked by a friend to repair his helicopter which prompted me to dig mine out.

turns out it's the same scale (very close) to the Orlandoo.

BB7B8FF7-D951-47CA-BA72-5D9A9727672D.png

30F288DB-95F4-4B74-9327-88FF210106D3.jpg

354E4844-0841-4ED4-9645-F53705571515.jpg

Aquired some wheels from childhood toys.

748BA9C6-5794-4C00-86C3-05ED46AC3AE7.jpg

Which also gave me the perfect steering wheel

2EB957C4-6647-4696-AD0F-A7E43227EFD4_1.j

219EE154-172C-4D02-A35C-DFC05CC41EEE.jpg

006EC718-D41F-4604-AF38-61AF8E75E675.jpg

0544FA48-F422-4BAA-BE96-E415057F7EAB.jpg

8AB22762-063A-48AA-BD42-B3F28565D575_1.j

Edited by Hammy
Correcting autocorrected words lol
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hey all.

long time no update!!

well I've remade table top mountain as I struggled for grip on the man made surface.

heres a short video.

but I've done some damage.

originally I thought I'd blown a diff.

and went on a shopping spree which includes all new gears (well a whole kit as it worked out cheaper)

but it it turns out I think I've done the wee gearbox attached to the motor. 

So I have a spare kit on the way and will have two non runners :(

eagle eyes viewers will notice the finished interior including gearstick and handbrake/ heater controls etc and a coolbox on the rear seat.

• 2 weeks later...

This kits slightly different from my other. 

6 spoke wheels, big bore tyres, metal gearbox gears.

thinking of building this one slightly different bodywork wise.

19DDBF36-6C44-4181-BB2F-D9068CCE2228.jpg

777AFE50-0FD9-4817-AFC1-E6E32EDD1920.jpg

3C96104F-20F6-4091-8294-EA109E4CF100.jpg

I have a full body set all new in packs.  I say almost full body set but all main parts are ther mayb a bumper and mirrors missing.   Message me if intrested.

Edited by RCbutcher