• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Damn 250's !!!

yoodoo

I need a bit of advice here please gents.
I have just build a ZMR Fibre glass copy with the following
1500 11.1v Lipo
RCX 1804 2200 Kv motors
CC3D (original)
5x3" props
15 amp Simon K esc's
The problem is that when I try to take off it wont go up in a straight line instead it ties to either go forward or backwards/side to side???
I have followed every Youtube vid going and all my settings are right.The props are on the right way and all PID settings are ok (I think) according to the videos.
I have seen your builds and flights and I want mine to fly the same.
When I throttle up it doesnt want to lift that much and stuggles ,as where my TBS Disco flys well and I set that up myself.
When I flip the three position to 2 it has more poke than 1 .
I have a Spektrum DX7 not DX7s ,are there a decent set of settings you guys have to make this thing go?
Many thanks in advance.
J

Don't know Turok,I am having trouble with it lifting off the floor.Here is what mine is doing,its not my vid but has the same characteristics.

so on full power yours won't leave the floor. If not are the props on the wrong way. Are the motors spinning the correct way also when the quad is plugged into a pc are the esc and motors at full 100% on the settings

I can only say the same as others, check the motors and props are as they should be, it's still easily done lol. Otherwise, have you got the CC3D set up as they expect? I tend to spin mine 90* to gain access to the USB easier and have before, forgot to make the change in the software - DOH! But that'd be more the cyclic stick acting wrong, ie left to right stick gives forward to back flight.

Re calibrate the level setting in the software, belt and braces.

Mines @ 90 too mate and i have changed the orientation as per openpilot forum/wiki but it's still not having it. The board does work as it came from another quad. I might go down the route of flashing it with clean flight and see if that can sort it.

Thanks fellas.

J

• 3 weeks later...

BONUS!!!   changed my motors and (really everything) and the baby is flying! Same bord different frame,ESC's,motors.Took off absolutely level,that was in the kitchen so I'll wait till some decent weather comes and take it out for a spin.

J

I've only just watched the video. But the bottom left is spinning the wrong way. It appeared you had 3 motors all spinning one 1 way and 1 the other.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, banners said:

Roll on April lol Good to hear you've resolved it one way or another

Yeah Steve,I have also ordered a couple of NAZE boards too...that'll be fun.

J

That wasn't my vid Nic,it was one I pulled off the internet.That what mine was doing but all the motors were right on mine...

J