• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

newbie alert

DJ

Hi peeps just found this forum after seeing lots of cars racing around bedfont lakes during one of my walks around the lakes. I was immediatly taken back like michael j fox to 1985 and a Tamiya Hornet geared for action. I would really like to get involved in your get togethers but dont currently have a rc car. Is there any particular cars required etc? do you meet every sunday if so what time?

Looks like its a country park, http://www.bedfontlakes.co.uk/ Says on the site Electric toys only (Fine my me) not a million miles from me. I might take a drive for a look, What day was it when you saw the other guys there. I'd speak to them see what they are running.

Edited by Fontie

lol..deffinatly no nitro's there then!!

Says on there site The use of petrol driven remote control vehicles and toys is not permitted. Its only 20 minutes away from me I might take a look need to know what day DJ saw them there, got to be either Saturday or Sunday.

Edited by Fontie

Go to the "West London Bashers" section, there's a dedicated thread, Gixxtersteve is the guy you want to talk to. 

Did a bit of searching and found Gixxtersteve was about to post, you beat me to it lol Thanks for the heads up anyway. I'll PM him see when they are meeting there again.

Says on there site The use of petrol driven remote control vehicles and toys is not permitted. Its only 20 minutes away from me I might take a look need to know what day DJ saw them there, got to be either Saturday or Sunday.

It only says no petrol Rc vehicles....nothing about glow fuel. :)

Hi all yes as it says we havd been told we cant use the park anymore.its all to p.c nowadays as they say it harms the park and frightens the animals on the NATURE reserve.ballony if you ask me but hey-ho.we are in the process of trying to get a permanent track sorted but as we all know these things take time.but we still meet up on sundays at certain spots we have untill the track can be sorted.if you join west london bashers on facebook as most peeps use it.i will be posting the meets up on here jus incase some arent on fb.many thanks steve

Hi all yes as it says we havd been told we cant use the park anymore.its all to p.c nowadays as they say it harms the park and frightens the animals on the NATURE reserve.ballony if you ask me but hey-ho.we are in the process of trying to get a permanent track sorted but as we all know these things take time.but we still meet up on sundays at certain spots we have untill the track can be sorted.if you join west london bashers on facebook as most peeps use it.i will be posting the meets up on here jus incase some arent on fb.many thanks steve

A ban on all cars, or as stated, just the oil burners?  

Hi m8 it seems only electric allowed there now but they will change that aswell so we have got a few places to run and we are in process of trying to arrange a track.all details will be on our fb page and i will try to put any updates and meets on here also