• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Andys X2 to 5ive Build

andyknight

That's is not acceptable Andy. Absolutely awfull, couldn't live with it like that! Just wait until Bob sees  it!

Only joking mate,  don't look too bad... Looks great from the side that will be seen and it does its job well so nothing wrong imo!

Edited by (-:AD:-)

On 29/06/2016 at 09:00, losi8igh said:

Just an observation.

Would it not have been possible to have cut the mesh to fit in one large piece rather than lots of little bits?

Yes I could have but I just went headlong into it lol

• Like 1

On 29/06/2016 at 10:51, Carpmart said:

@Andy What have you used to stick it on?  

2 part epoxy, I use it for all my meshing, pull starts and crank cases.

The old version I used was clear but the new lot I got is a metal colour.  It does the job and can be peeled off when required without damaging anything.

Decision made, Pro MX head kit ordered and gone with a tillotson carb.  Not sure if it's going to be good or bad but we'll soon see.

Update: Ian ran out of 30.5 head kits off the shelf so scott is doing mine on friday, won't have it until next week now :-(

Edited by andyknight
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Still not arrived, apparently next week now.  Lets hope there's no more delays!  In the mean time I blew up my KM engine and looking at the piston it  looks like it ingested something.  New piston, ring and head fitted along with a new carb since the old one had serious wear round the throttle shaft.  This engine will serve as my spare once the Pro MX has been built and fitted.

At least the rebuilt KM started in 2 pulls, first time!

28 minutes ago, (-:AD:-) said:

Shame about the wait. 

At least one engine is running :)

Yeah, at least I have something to run next weekend.  Can you post your tillotson settings so I have something to work from when all the bits arrive. H did mention them to me but it went in one ear and out the other ;-)

Edited by andyknight

On 21/07/2016 at 21:28, NG15 said:

Looks good, did you get any pictures of the porting ? 

No although the piston is ported right up to the gudgeon pin.

Edited by andyknight

Pro MX started with one pull with choke and 2 pulls without.  No changes to the tillotson carb yet and I have no idea which is the high and low needles as they are not marked!!

More investigation required!!

Edited by andyknight