• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

First rc...

Prokart2000

probably the .21 hyper 7 unless anything else in the electric department shows up, my only concern is what to do if it wont start and the noise pollution

Honestly mate, i would go electric. Connect the batteries and away you go with hardly any noise! No pullstarts, no carrying fuel or starter boxes. I was nitro all the way back in the day, then a few years ago i tried brushless and never looked back.

Honestly mate, i would go electric. Connect the batteries and away you go with hardly any noise! No pullstarts, no carrying fuel or starter boxes. I was nitro all the way back in the day, then a few years ago i tried brushless and never looked back.

the thing is there isnt many good ones for my price with lipo

the thing is there isnt many good ones for my price with lipo

I know mate, they are a bit more expensive than the nitros!.... But are worth it imo!  What do you think of the Hong Nor ?

I know mate, they are a bit more expensive than the nitros!.... But are worth it imo!  What do you think of the Hong Nor ?

it looks good im just not sure on the reliability and part availability of them

could i buy a cheaper one and swap a castle motor and esc combo in it?

probably the .21 hyper 7 unless anything else in the electric department shows up, my only concern is what to do if it wont start and the noise pollution

well u jus answered ur own dilemma. ..u need brushless then imo....as u sound unsure of nitro and the issue it may raise. ...which is u understandable....i'd go with the Sabrex3 if this is the case. ..or eb4g3

it looks good im just not sure on the reliability and part availability of them

could i buy a cheaper one and swap a castle motor and esc combo in it?

the sabrex3 has been compared to the hyper. ...which is a bold claim imo....a few on here have them and say they r very well built and bash able. ..so u should have no quality/build issues . Edited by evssv

the sabrex3 has been compared to the hyper. ...which is a bold claim imo....a few on here have them and say they r very well built and bash able. ..so u should have no quality/build issues .

is there any posts on here about it, if so where?

exactly the same here aswell....was always against brushless. ...but after buyin my first one. ...a 2nd hand mt4g3 off here about 2 years ago...We now have 6 brushless rc's.....nuff said!! Edited by evssv

Not much it a good start

http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/topic/201476-hong-nor-x3-e/#entry2086511

http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/topic/199736-my-hong-nor-x3e-sabre/page-2#entry2080087

Edited by evssv

im not sure what battery and charger to get?

I'm sure what lipos u need will b on one of the threads I linked u to..probably 4000 - 5000mah 4 cell 30-40 c rating lipos will b fine...but u need to know the size of the lipo tray.....as for chargers this will do fine http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=281205132403&alt=web .... Edited by evssv

chargers r 10-20-40-80+ quid...jus depends what u wanna spend on one ....that all do the same....Either the one I linked...or the other or this one will work. ..up to u.....

based on the site i linked with the battery photo which ones will fit