• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hyper ss help

My friend has a hyper ss and we are really struggling to start it. We have set all the carb needles back to factory. When we turn the engine over with the rota start it will only start 1 in 10 tries and then dies straight away. When turning it over there is fuel been spat out of the head?!? Once it gets started it runs for a bit with the glow igniter on but as soon as you take it off it dies?

sounds like a loose glow plug.

1st thing - make sure all head bolts are snug - do NOT over tighten.

Change glow plug and new copper crimp washer

full charge on the igniter - so its getting the plug nice n warm.

Make sure the glow plug youre using is proper spec for the motor you have in your SS.  Stock ss now ship with Force Engines as I recall [ in the usa ] - Im not positive but - Ive been to the ofna factory over 100 times and gotten plugs and parts recommendations over the years - never had them send me away with an OS plug.  Pretty sure we ran McCoys MC8 and MC9 s in ours.  Depends on your fuel and nitro content and shims as well ...

Id just make sure its NOT a turbo plug - unless your engine has a turbo head buttton [ which I doubt ]

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/beginners-85/8376353-good-guide-selecting-correct-glow-plug.html

The head has never been off and it's as tight as it can be , we have changed the glow plugs and still nothing as happened

so it's still spitting fuel out from under he head? ?Take the head off an chk if everything's ok there.....maybe a washer missing possibly. .

Make sure the glow plug youre using is proper spec for the motor you have in your SS.  Stock ss now ship with Force Engines as I recall [ in the usa ] - Im not positive but - Ive been to the ofna factory over 100 times and gotten plugs and parts recommendations over the years - never had them send me away with an OS plug.  Pretty sure we ran McCoys MC8 and MC9 s in ours.  Depends on your fuel and nitro content and shims as well ...

In the UK they all come with either the Hyper.21 or Macstar.28 engines.

Yes the McCoy (long reach) plugs are more appropriate for both of these engines along with many other plugs....but the OS8 even though it is short works fine and they are widely available here at a decent price.

Everything seemed okay last night when we took it off , he brought it brand new at Christmas , I have the hyper 7 tq2 my friend has the hyper 9 and other friend has hyper ss and that's the only one that hasn't run since we've had them

As the others have said if fuel is spitting from the head area then clearly that is a problem that needs to be fixed...

Once that is fixed another thing is that if it will run with the glow stick attached and when you remove it it stalls...then either the plug is cream crackered or the mixture is set very rich.