• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

New buggy making strange noise

caserta80

Hey All,

Im new to the electric range and bought this for a test buggy "Kyosho 1: 10 EP 4WD Mad Bug VE Brushless Type 2 30994T2"

Firstly I charged it up and seemed ok but its making a grinding noise near the back diff where the motor sits on take off and reverse take off ? Do i need to adjust this up or ?

also now and then the throttle just stops working no forward or reverse but the steering works, I have to unplug the battery and re connect then its ok again for a while ?

Any advise would be greatly welcome 

Thanks

Simon - Newbie ;)

Could be that the esc is set for lipo and you are running the stock nimh? Being a smoker, I use a rizla to gap the mesh. I put the paper in, push the pinion tight up to the spur then rock the spur back and forth, if it tears the paper, its too tight so fine tune it until the paper runs through without ripping. Should have a tiny bit of freeplay when you rock the pinion back and forth when the motor is tightened up :)

So ive fixed the grinding noise by adjusting the motor gap works a treat thanks for the advise on this.

One more question though is this is a bush less motor and when I spin the motor pinion its binding as if clicking over inside, this normal ? or should they free wheel ?