• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas rally slash.

They battery kit fits with that lipo as I use it !.

Motor plate you don't really need the mount is the one you want and king heads is the best as it not only has the best design but has a nice big bearing .

If your running 4s I would go with the revo slipper and mod 1 gearing ditch the stock small shocks and go with some nice fat Vorza shocks rpm arms but not the knuckles and hubs as they don't work with the MIP's and that's about all you need

You have to sit on your hands sometimes as there are so many mods, upgrades and tricks you can spend a fortune on a lot of rubbish you don't need..

How do you find the sloppy steering assembly ? And have you actually run this yet ?

I haven't run it yet lol first thing I did was sell the vxl as new and haven't been able to secure the Lipo or set the esc yet. Not sure why I thought it would fit the extended battery kit. I'm sure I wread it in afew places. No bother tho I do like this method. I wread the Std latch flings open too. 

I want the king heads mount or mayb the hot racing one I think they both have the large bearing but khz Inc a spare bearing too. 

The plate I was on about is the smaller one it could be the mount since the motor bolts to that peice. Hot racing do a finned one and strc do one too. I saw the strc sell for

I have my eye on a rally roller from Germany on the bay .. Motor wise I'll go with the good old losi as I just found another source of them esc sc8 MIP's revo slipper and I'll use some losi rally shocks shell wise I'm looking at a raid and possibly some 2.8 gladiators . All,other mods etc will wait until there needed

Ide like to see the raid 2.8in combo it would give better clearance too.

Don't you have vorza shocks on your pede are you not overly impressed?

I like the losi rally shocks too I'm blue alloy or I thought of scte 2.0 kit shocks mainly cos I like the look of them. But I would rather big bores atm.

I've found proline powerstrokes for

True I just saw them as the v2 powerstrokes even so that's a good price near half what I saw them at.

I caved and brought the traxxas gtr xx bodies and shafts. Hopefully using those I can convert two of my xo1 shocks into the slash ones.

Use them until I get some vorza shocks. I already had the xo1 shocks and I doubt they'd sell so atleast now they'll be desired "a little"

Do you think the hpi apache mud flaps would look scale with the slash rpm bumper. I think ther cheaper from hpi.

Also the apache c1 flux light pods I wonder if they'd fit the rally bonnet. This car will get some super bright lights at some point.

It's purpose is winter car parks even if it's dark and raining. Plus I don't get to light up nitros it's kinda pointless tbh.

I have tons of hpi baja light pods I might just slap two of those on lol. I saw them on a merv and they didn't look stupid. Silly big but not stupid big lol.

Hopefully might have got a forum engineer to design up a nice battery hold down I might just have to send the chassis off tho for best results. If that goes ahead people should be able to just order it later. Details will be up when I have them.

I secretly want carbon fibre but I know it's pointless and will cost more. So alloy hopefully but could be nylon with carbon wrap.

Here's the parts I've orderd I hope they are what's needed to convert GTR shocks into XXGTR.

Shafts

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=381074678909&alt=web

Bodies.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141492771878?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I'll probably need springs too mayb but ill wait and see how these come out first.

Can I ask how much you paid for your vorza shocks? The best I've seen so far is

Edited by RCbutcher

Was it me that gave you the lights lol I've sent quite afew people just simple ones with plastic cups.

The apache shocks I've thought about but I would like alloy ones they add more charecter to the truck lol there's enough plastic already.

I'll try the xx gtr conversion first tho.

The rpm nerfs came today there face value is less than the rpm rod ends I think that's crazy it's only $1 difference but still.

For the slipper do I just need this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Traxxas-E-Revo-E-Maxx-Stampede-Heavy-Duty-Slipper-Clutch-Rebuild-Kit-TRA5352R-/371317957232?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5674466270

Or the whole unit plus that?

Edit. I found the full std unit with 38t spur for

Edited by RCbutcher

Does deabodising always go smoothly or is it possible to make the alloy look bad. Once Deanodized do you have to coat the bare metal so rust doesn't set straight in?

I have xo1 towers and alloy ultra caps I want to be silver but not if the finish could be poor.

Alloy doesn't rust, I have done it a couple of times with mixed results so it's a gamble in my book !

As for the slipper you need parts 5351 and 5352R so as longs as that's what's on that one you found your sorted .

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331497394793?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

That's the one I got mate buy the part numbers don't match the ones given. Did you list erevo numbers?

Edited by RCbutcher

Ah crap I thought they are the same bar spur gear I'll have to check now. I hope it is the same.

I brought the ultimate front hubs at I think a great price new in packet

Here's an example of why I don't like dollarhobbiez anymore. Look at the prices also the website charges more shipping that ebay. I think the popularity went to ther heads.

http://products.dollarhobbyz.com/search#w=traxxas%20revo%20slipper%20clutch

But the slipper does look the same apart from metal pads used on the erbe the rack , plate look identical tho.

They do look quite similar if you bought it tho your know soon enough !. Putting my plans on hold for a while now on this rally build as I fancy something 2wd .. I may just get the chassis kit and use my stampede to fill in the gaps ! ..

Fancy one of the proline pro kits but I have a nice big fat credit at Wheelspin so I may just get a firestorm ;)

Edited by mydoddy69

I thought about getting a pro sc or other to just part to ebay but I think the slash 2wd club has calmed down too much for the chassis and gearbox to move at good prices so haven't botherd. I thought of it mainly cos I wanted the shocks cheap but I've gone off the powerstrokes now.

I've just found the xo1 parts I think work on the lcg somehow impulse again lol. I'll figure it out later. But the price seemed again very good.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Traxxas-1-7-XO-1-Supercar-Tunnels-Extensions-Rear-Skid-Diff-Case-/391149346224?hash=item5b12515db0

Now to find out how it fits the lcg and use it when it's in fast on road form. The rear spoiler looks cool with the rally body too.

The ofna x3 body with protrac arms might be later.

The plan is to copy jangs project chimera mate. First a fast car park basher or tame gt8 type thing.

Then the slash parts. Then if I'm confident with lipo I'm going to try a top speed run.

I'll keep all the parts I take off and mayb use them to build another roller but I wouldn't rush that.

The xo1 panels I'm sure I saw hooked to lcg mayb it was just a rally body tho but for

Hopefully I can mod these to hold my lipo in.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181422209349?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

It pays to search tho I lost this round and paid double.

Edited by RCbutcher

The revo 3.3 slipper has arrived so now looking for a detailed thread installing one to have a quick look at.

Also got 2 more parcels without customs I swear camerons sacked them all lol.