• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

shell for a wide 1/10th nitro car

iantype-r

Hello everyone, Ive just joined the forum, cant belive the amount of info on here, somthing else for the wife to moan about as im going to have to spend loads of time looking through the forum lol,

Anyway Ive just dug my old car out the garage, Ive had it about 10 years, Its got an uprated engine which is an OS CZ thats all I know about it, Ive put different wheels on it, thats about it, Ive been trying to find a shell, Ive measured the wheels and from outside edge to outside edge its 240mm and the toyota shell is 250mm wide, Im after a subaru or evo shell and the only shells I can find are 200mm wide, been to the model shop today and tryed a few but they all look small, The guy said its and odd size really as the 1/10th shells dont fit and the 1/8th and way to big, The wheels are bigger, other than putting smaller wheels on, which I dont think will make alot of difference, I dont know what to do,

any ideas please anyone,

here is a few pics,

modelcar001.jpg

modelcar005.jpg

modelcar006.jpg

cheers ian

Cheers for the replys guys, the fuels ok, I ran it last week, the fuel is ony a couple of years old, it wont seize the engine as the oil which is in the fuel wont evaporate, but cheers anyway,

where would I be able to get a Cen fun factor shell from, the celica whats on it now came with the car as standard thats why its looking a bit worse for wear lol

Thanks for the replys

cheers ian

Cheers for the replys guys, the fuels ok, I ran it last week, the fuel is ony a couple of years old, it wont seize the engine as the oil which is in the fuel wont evaporate, but cheers anyway,

Thats what Josh was on about mate...

It can actually damage the engine.... i ran stuff thats week old still in the tank... and it does affect the engine

Ziggy

i have a cen funactor 1/10 impreza shell if u want u could send me the measurements of your car and i will see if it fits :good:

Its about 240mm wide and the wheel base is 270mm,

many thanks for all the replys, Ive been to another model shop who deal wih kyosho france the said they are going to try get one from them, The guy in the shop said the car is a super ten, Im going to try find the manual when I go to my parents house tomorrow see if it has any more info,

cheers ian