• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Clarkson - Top Gear off air.

atom3624

Cancelled for two weeks, Clarkson punched a producer in a row over 'food'.

Petition to reinstate the tool has 260k signatures.

Sad. Very sad. All 260k of the population who signed it. Are your lives so shallow that losing the debacle of a motoring show affects you that badly?? Far more important things to petition about in this godforsaken country at the moment.

• Like 1

Having seen the latest news update, how in the name of God can you get a 'final warning' for NOT saying something in a clip that WASN'T aired on TV ?

I seen the clip when that kicked off, he didn't use what is politely refared as the 'N' word.

Reginal D Hunter on the other hand throws the N word out in every sentence, yet nobody bats an eyelid. I would have thought there was more important things goin on in the world that folk could focus on rather than a witch hunt of a minor presenter on a light entertainment program on TV

The BBC allowed the creation a monster, said monster has bitten them royally on the bum, mass panic at HQ as the slow realisation of their actions dawns...without the revenue stream the monster brings in, the organisation is a bit buggered...

So Clarkson is suspended for slapping a producer.what a shame the BBC didn't act as quickly with the scumbag Saville.top of the pops,top gear awww the irony.as for f1 I would now rather watch paint dry.the winning of a race is now down to anything but the driver on board.

Edited by prussian.guard

i'm bored of this already.

the last couple days, all i've been seeing on forum, facebook, twitter and more or less every website i go on, even the gaming site that has nothing but americans on it is clarkson this and clarkson that....

change the bloody record already.

I did chuckle when I heard there was some petition to keep him on......is there one opposing too?  :harhar:

I do not see him keeping the job now as things have been brewing especially hot recently...and as said earlier, you have to draw the line somewhere....

Nor do I see the BBC axing Top Gear...

The question for me is who will fill his shoes?!

a wet sock could take his place.  but if he goes to another place (SKY TV)  then it won't matter who tries to replace him.

Edited by turok007

All sorted now!!

Cameron's got involved, saying he's a constituent, really nice guy and 'the Beeb can't pull it as his children enjoy it ....'

Political intervention on a political game ...

Sorted!!  ????????

Al.

Clarkson is a cock n thinks he is untouchable , But on that bombshell this will be a nice reality check for him ......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems he reported himself.

Oisin the Producer said nothing and still hasn't.

Now Jezza's writing about dinosaurs in the newspapers.

An outspoken, possibly controversial frontman is required.

As the (and one of many) famous Queen song said "The Show Must Go On" ...

Format .. who knows.

We were on for a blinder of a series which is why I was p%%d off.

Showdown of the HYPERCARS and how better a way to 'end' than a self-enforced name change? !!

Poetic Justice or what? !!

Al.

• Like 1

Seems he reported himself.

Oisin the Producer said nothing and still hasn't.

Now Jezza's writing about dinosaurs in the newspapers.

An outspoken, possibly controversial frontman is required.

As the (and one of many) famous Queen song said "The Show Must Go On" ...

Format .. who knows.

We were on for a blinder of a series which is why I was p%%d off.

Showdown of the HYPERCARS and how better a way to 'end' than a self-enforced name change? !!

Poetic Justice or what? !!

Al.

perhaps the show down has already happened and all this is just so he doesn't need to change his name to jennifer

• Like 2

CONSPIRACY THEORY!!

You read it here first!!

Some say ..... it was going to end anyway, and that this was REALLY the last series ... BUT ...

Some say ..... they're dragging it out to FINALLY get the 3 HYPERCARS together for 'THAT TEST' knowing the series was finishing, but realised they didn't have enough time.

Imagine, if you are 'that controversial git', despised yet loved by all, WHAT A WAY TO END A SERIES!!

Al.

• Like 1

My view is this...

Of course TopGear was going to end. That's why Clarkson sold his shares, then it was a case of how he could get out of his contract before the series nosedived and ruined his image

who needs top gear? we've got the 100 and the big bang theory!

I have them on in Hotels whilst browsing the internet, if there's nothing else on. 100's seriously tedious now - interesting to start.

That dude's more irritating than Clarkface.

Much prefer River Monsters, but that's getting repetitive now, and that other one from Newcastle's useless - can't even use a reel in South Africa ...

Wheeler Dealers is starting up again - looks like that's almost going to combine with Chip Foose somewhere down the line .... another Al idea!!

Al.

Wheeler dealers needed a kick up the butt! They've been importing US stuff for ages, better profit margins for Brewer w/o import costs.

Still wouldn't want owt they've had their hands on tho! ;)

• Like 2