• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Problem with throttle linkage (I think)

andyknight

So just been out over the fields and I have come across a weird problem that I can;t quite work out how to solve.  I've made a few tweaks to the idle screw and LSN (very tiny amounts) and now have a lovely idle (not so high as per previous thread from yesterday).  I now have an issue when braking and what it does to the throttle.

Upon full throttle acceleration I can let go of the trigger and the car will revert back to my idle that I set above, no problems.  When I use the brake, letting my finger off the trigger again results in the linkage returning the throttle to slightly open.  I can can press the brake multiple times in a row and the amount it leaves the throttle open by varies but it's enough to move the car at more than a walking pace by itself.

Any ideas how to solve this?  The linkage is standard as it came out of the box.

Edited by andyknight

I think this illustrates it the best (you might have to download it to play rather than stream, googledrive is playing up).

https://cf6b427b2c5c0d46f0925068bbeb180b7b14e8ac.googledrive.com/host/0BydkETMLZI2-ZmpPS0phRmZTOFk/video0003-480p.mp4

Edited by andyknight

Its sticking in b025 try a little lube on rod so it goes in b025 that should sort it if not make the hole diameter a little bigger

I had this problem on my 5b and did exactly as stated above. Stripped the linkage down and drilled out the plastic part slightly bigger so the throttle linkage rod wasnt binding inside it and causing the throttle to stick on
  • Like 1

I had this problem on my 5b and did exactly as stated above. Stripped the linkage down and drilled out the plastic part slightly bigger so the throttle linkage rod wasnt binding inside it and causing the throttle to stick on

this is exactly what I did on rc modelz advice, and it was solved drill it only slightly thou, i used a hot bit of bar the same size of the linkage bar, warm it up and repetitively slowly in and out of the black plastic part that you can manually a ply the throttle with, lube it up and you'll not get a problem again, I blow all the crap out every time im out, the lubrication is a attraction to dust lol!

mine was going to full throttle after the break was aplyed, lol! It wasn't on the ground thank god :)

Also you can flip that little plastic thing facing up away from the air filter twist it a bit towards you and it also moves the bars away from one another, its shoving the throttle back slightly when its going back to neutral position on the servo,

Flatout, thanks mate.  just rotated the black plastic bit (b025) upwards sso the 2 rods run above and below each other rather than side to side.  looks like it has cured the problem.  I will apply some lube as well.

I have bike grease 2000 or bikeline dry lube to choose from, both for my mountain bike.  any prefernce?

Edited by andyknight

I think the white chain lub, anti splash is what i used on my gsxr 600 and i never got it anywhere else, standed grease flings its self all over the back wheel and made a mess, muc off, motu, putolines a good chain lub yellow and blue can ;)

Edited by flatout!

Flatout, thanks mate.  just rotated the black plastic bit (b025) upwards sso the 2 rods run above and below each other rather than side to side.  looks like it has cured the problem.  I will apply some lube as well.

I have bike grease 2000 or bikeline dry lube to choose from, both for my mountain bike.  any prefernce?

no problem matey were all here to help :) and i think I speak for everyone aswell, it fantastic on here mate, you'll need for nowt!