• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Tamiya TEU-104BK - Stuck in race mode

Hoggins

Hi All,  Before I bite the bullet and order a new ESC, I'm after a bit of advise!

My Blackfoot, fitted with a Tamiya TEU-104BK seems to be stuck in reverse mode since its last outing.  Forward is fine, steering is fine, and it brakes.. but it will not reverse any more!  I've tried all I can think of...

- Recalibrated everything

- Checked batteries, 2nd battery and freshly charged

- Swapped the input ports, so the steering controls the throttle - still nothing

- Tried to reconfigure by holding the button down and releasing at various points (Light on / light off), tried this at least 20 times..

But no, it wont let me reverse!  After releasing the button on the ESC with light on OR off, it always flashes twice (To tell me reverse is disabled and battery cut off is on - cant change either.

The button DOES work, as it lets me re calibrate etc.

Now the only thing I can think of, it that it was a little rainy when I last used it... but its been left to dry for a week almost!

Any thoughts? Is there a 'factory reset' option?

Alternatively, any recommendations on a cheap replacement ESC... and I guess I should upgrade the motor then too! :)

Cheers!