• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HoBao 1/8 Hyper MTe Sport

mydoddy69

2 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

Not one i've thought of to be honest, it might not work with the roll cage ? 

Not considered that...you're correct though, it wouldn't. 

agreed. i've been bashing it around so i can wreck my shell and replace it with a "proper" truck one.

waiting for the plus shell to arrive at my lhs. hopefully someone can post some actual photos and their take on it. i would if i see it in person so that you guys could have a look-see. checking that out before i go proline.

Lol it's a shell it's replacble easy enough, surely what really counts is what's under it ? 

The stock MTe shell is a bit marmite but to be honest I didn't buy it for looks and I generally don't buy rc's for looks anyway. I like a pickup shell as you can tell, but it wouldn't be a game changer if it didn't have one 

Personally for me the best looking shell I've seen on this is the one young Devin has on his [emoji6] 

I tried a top kick body and it looked all wrong wheelbase was well off and the length is a tad to long 

The MT plus shell looks okay but I think it's a little toy looking but that might be the paint, out of the 2 personally I like the older one better. Each to his own I guess . 

Thanks Rich although I do also like the look of yours and what AJ had done to his :)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

On 17/03/2016 at 15:03, Freeprawn said:

I have just had word off the distributor the Plus won't be here this month and fingers crossed should be here first half of next month, although there is no fixed date at the moment. 

It's not delayed, there are no issues, it's more a general shipping logistics thing.

There will be a Roller version of the Plus and I am expecting to be more or less the same pricing as the current model.

Nige.

That's great. Will you also carry the upgrade parts?

Alright guys haven't made a video in a while so here is a little update of my Hyper MTE

Nice one fella and cheers for the mention [emoji6] 

No problem mate :)

Perfect timing as I'm hopefully going to beat the snot out of mine over the Easter weekend so I'm bound to bust something ! 

Will you be carrying the stock in store or will it be supplier stock for parts and hop ups ? 

Edited by mydoddy69

On 19 March 2016 at 09:36, Devin said:

Alright guys haven't made a video in a while so here is a little update of my Hyper MTE

Hi Devin would you say these tyres are so soft they need taping to stop the pizza cutter effect ? 

Hi Devin would you say these tyres are so soft they need taping to stop the pizza cutter effect ? 

Well on 4s they don't balloon much but I dunno how they would do on 6s I have a running video coming this Saturday so you can have a better look at them in action:)

5 hours ago, Devin said:

Well on 4s they don't balloon much but I dunno how they would do on 6s I have a running video coming this Saturday so you can have a better look at them in action:)

Cheers fella I couldn't hold off any longer so ordered a set but went the unmounted route as I'm not keen on the f11 wheel although I do think it's a more solid design I just prefer the desperado rims. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

Perfect timing as I'm hopefully going to beat the snot out of mine over the Easter weekend so I'm bound to bust something ! 

Will you be carrying the stock in store or will it be supplier stock for parts and hop ups ? 

At Freeprawn when we get behind a car it means we carry parts in stock.  It can take a little while to get stock levels right but things usual settle with a new model in a month or two :o)

Yes, we will be stocking hop ups.

Nige.

41 minutes ago, Freeprawn said:

At Freeprawn when we get behind a car it means we carry parts in stock.  It can take a little while to get stock levels right but things usual settle with a new model in a month or two :o)

Nige.

Bloody brilliant news I think your be the only UK actual stockist for parts on this :) 

Cheers fella I couldn't hold off any longer so ordered a set but went the unmounted route as I'm not keen on the f11 wheel although I do think it's a more solid design I just prefer the desperado rims. 

No problem I wasnt too keen on the f11 rim at first as I also prefer the desperado but after seeing them in person and in action they are growing on me

Well they showed up this afternoon and are washed and currently drying before gluing up ;) 

They are super soft so I'm in two minds as to tape them or leave them, think I'll wait until I see your vid fella on the ballooning and go from there :) 

Managed a good thrashing of the MTe this afternoon before the rain and have to say this new slipper unit makes a huge difference I'm super happy with it ..

The Hobao brace held up just fine and the whole afternoon damage report was ZERO :) 

Sadly no footage as my GoPro is currently working its way back for repair :( 

Have to say I'm so glad I bought this truck it's an absoulute blast :lol:

On 22 March 2016 at 21:38, Freeprawn said:

Nige.

Any news on when stock will be up on the website ? 

Ant news on the gear cover as munched my cables again haha and i got my slipper unit in :)

19 minutes ago, Devin said:

Ant news on the gear cover as munched my cables again haha and i got my slipper unit in :)

Im just using an old bit of lexan for now well I have been since say one. Just bent it round a bottle and then bent the edges back and mounted it under the roll cage and battery tray screws ;) 

Never eaten a wire myself but I know folks who have like yourself it's a bit off naff design :(