• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HoBao 1/8 Hyper MTe Sport

mydoddy69

On 4/28/2017 at 20:12, mydoddy69 said:

5s is matching 2s and 3s in seriers same as 6s, personally I found 5s to be the trucks sweet spot.. If you want a matching pair of lipos give me a pm as I still have mine and I'm sure we could work out a deal ;) 

Hey Rich.

What springs did you have on the back of yours? Front seem fine, rear a bit soggy.

Got some D8T Tessmann reds lurking around if you reckon they'll do it.

Daz.

7 hours ago, dazp1976 said:

Hey Rich.

What springs did you have on the back of yours? Front seem fine, rear a bit soggy.

Got some D8T Tessmann reds lurking around if you reckon they'll do it.

Daz.

Hi fella I used the new white springs for the new plus try the tessmann's but I think there too tight, 

:huh::huh:....The servo saver is the  spring bit on the truck  so yes  u will...as u can't  take it off :yes:.....that hitec or a savox1256tg will  b fine  .......:yes:...or that power HD one in the fur sale section on here  ..20kg  and waterproof :good:

Edited by evssv

Just now, evssv said:

:huh::huh:....The servo saver is the  spring bit on the truck  so yes  u will...as u can't  take it off :yes:.....that hitec or a savox1256tg will  b fine  .......:yes:

beat me to it :lol:

The one on the right is it, already fitted.

s-l300.jpg

1 hour ago, evssv said:

No.its  the bits above  what take the hit hopefully. .:yes:...but if it's  too tight  it will kill ur servo :doh:...u need a decent 20kg atleast servo and a ally horn ideally :yes:

And get the EPA adjustments right :thumbsup:

Running 6s was a bit mental for me. Too many back flips even with a wheelie bar. I guess I could lower the punch on the esc, would that help?

Alternatively I have plenty of matched 2s Lipo and was therefore planning on trying 4s.

What pinion should I use...currently I am setup like this.

Pinion is 16T

Motor stock 2000kv?

ESC stock hobbywing 150a

4 hours ago, Slashaholic said:

Thinking about a nitro conversion on this beast. Anyone here done it or have suggestions?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I had a nitro converted to bl.  Should be easier the other way round - check eBay breakers - they did have most of the parts.  Not sure why you would want to though but each to their own!

• Like 1

Went to run it for the first time today and realised I'd done everything except make some charge leads for the new para board :doh:

Just finished putting some Deans to XT90 conversion leads and some 3s balance extensions together But..... The saga continues...... I'd put male Deans on!!!! :crybaby:Really!!!! I've now re-done to females :rolleyes:

Losing me marbles :lol:

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, evssv said:

The amount of times I've  done the perfect  solder/s.:D......only to find I've put the wrong  plug end  on:doh::doh:...and or the wrong  wire. ...pos on neg vis versa :banghead::banghead:......or left off the heat shrink :mf_tongue::mf_tongue:.........

:lol:

First run today. Just a blast round the field. Seems decent enough :) 

Wasn't overly quick but ambient temp is 22C and got 60C on the motor so it looks like 18T Leopard 4082 is where I'm going to be at.

Stopped early because the stupid pinion slipped :mf_tongue: might put a little nick in the motor shaft where it sits.

Got 15 mins out of the 3s floweryones 5500 down to 3.73v before the pinny went so a bit better than the Truggies.

Reckon if you don't take them much lower they're sound :) 

Grass grows very quick at the minute which no longer suits the Truggy tbh.

I'm not used to having to have a bit of throttle control :lol: Kinda needed with this.

And I still say those Sktrc TS150 esc's are very good. Make a WP one people!!

Edited by dazp1976

1 minute ago, evssv said:

I alway  flaten the end of the grub on a file so it sits flat  onthe motor  shaft :good:

Done it with the dremmel and still went. Doesn't normally happen after that so I need to investigate :thumbsup: