• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

what motor for my slash 4x4

philbr

Its a good motor, I have two ;)

Shop about: may well be possible to source ESC and motor separately for a good price. 3800kv has slightly more torque than a 4000kv, both allow 3s running on the sc8.

Yeah it also works out cheaper buying the quicrun motor off of amazon and the SC 8 from modelsport uk

Edited by Devin

Part and parcel of a good forum, IMHO :)

Of course should the chosen combo fail to please you, then you'll want my head on a plate....or probably, dipped in one of my own vats of the good stuff!

I am the puppet master, dance to my tune!!!

Haha well now I'll be getting a SC 8 I can just swap and change motors... But hopefully this motor will be what I'm looking for. I just ordered it from rcecho so should be here in a couple of weeks time then I'll order the sc8

Could be....I have a Hong nor scrt10 which is itching for a new powerplant....was going to try 2650kv but it may kill it. Sc8 and 3800kv will be going in, when I pull mi finger out!

Could be....I have a Hong nor scrt10 which is itching for a new powerplant....was going to try 2650kv but it may kill it. Sc8 and 3800kv will be going in, when I pull mi finger out!

Did your motors come with connectors pre soldered

I bet you'll love the power of the hobbywing

Hope so

Devin, the quicrun can comes with 4mm bullets attached, the ESC will have no connectors installed, but only comes with 3mm bullets in the box, so you'll need 3, 4mm female bullets for the ESC to motor connection.

You cannot cut or faff about with the motor wires, as they form part of the windings.

The thoughts one has whilst surveying the pond, lol!

• Like 1

Devin, the quicrun can comes with 4mm bullets attached, the ESC will have no connectors installed, but only comes with 3mm bullets in the box, so you'll need 3, 4mm female bullets for the ESC to motor connection.

You cannot cut or faff about with the motor wires, as they form part of the windings.

The thoughts one has whilst surveying the pond, lol!

Ahh okay just needed the motor connector size as I'm ordering the esc from modelsport uk and I'll let then handle the soldering haha

Lol, they have soldered many things for me in the past ;)

Just less hassle for me that way just plug and play, what budget servo do you suggest for the slash 4x4 or any sct

Define 'budget'. ;)

Just fitted the power HD 20kg jobbie to the Pro Buggy, and am very very chuffed with performance, almost overkill in the buggy! Going to fit one to the PMT too....for 22quid it sorts me out.

Define 'budget'. ;)

Just fitted the power HD 20kg jobbie to the Pro Buggy, and am very very chuffed with performance, almost overkill in the buggy! Going to fit one to the PMT too....for 22quid it sorts me out.

Around the 30 mark

Alturn are good and highly rated on a budget, and I've had ok luck with cheap bluebird ones too. Depends on model.

It will be for the slash 4x4

I currently use one of these in my blitz after my Alturn died for no reason... It was a spare I had, I bought both at the same time and ended up using the alturn. When that died I put this one in and have been happy with its performance.

Fast and powerful the bluebird is. The Alturn died and I think it was electrical failure as I took it apart and one of the chips was overheating as soon as plugged in...

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__8955__BMS_830DMGplusHS_High_Performance_Digital_Servo_Metal_Gear_11_6kg_12sec_58g.html