• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Issues with Overlander RC6-VSP

jezolekuk

Hi.

I have recently bought Overlander RC6-VSP and Im having issues with it.

Firstly when I plug the power cable in it turns on but only shows a blue screen - no text on the screen.

I can't choose any options, cant do anything. I have to plug the power cable in and out few time and then it finally displays text on the lcd screen and I can choose the charge mode and battery time.

Normally once I managed to get the text on the screen I was able to charge whatever kind of batter I wanted without any problem.

Now, sometimes after choosing the charge mode and starting the whole chargin process the screen goes blank and the text disappears. It still makes noise and I assume it is still charging, but there is nothing on the screen - just a blue backlit.

Is it faulty and I should get it replaced? Or am I doing something wrong.

Im very new to the rc scene so I might be using it wrong.

Many thanks,

Seb

Im suprised to hear this. I have bought it on Monday, brand new from rcgreeks. Am I just unlucky and should I contact the shop to replace it?

Ahh. ..thought it may of been 2nd hand...they normally pop up on here for sell ..fire it back if u bought it new Edited by evssv

I bought one around a month ago which would not balance charge. I sent it back and got a replacement. Bit annoying sending things back but it would seem like it is faulty from what you describe.

• 6 months later...

Went to use mine tonight and as I turned it on the screen briefly came on along with a loud pop from the charger.

It had blown the 3A fuse in the mains plug but is still dead with a new fuse in there.

It's a few months old but hasn't had much use at all - only used so far for recharging roto-start power packs, will have to see if I can return to the shop or go through the faffing of sending it back.

Not a happy bunny!

yeah I'm looking at 3...66 quid...48 quid...and one from ebay 50 quid but I don't thk I'll bother with that one now..this 1150w one http://www.coolice.co.uk/cfs/coolice-psu-s.html or

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=271951026164&alt=web this is the e ebay one

http://www.align-trex.co.uk/power-supply-12-30v-1000w-h1000w.html

Edited by evssv

Those were the ones mentioned in the thread. TBH I would have bought one myself if I'd known about them. As to which one is better for you I really couldn't say, perhaps someone with more knowledge will jump in. An educated guess would be get the most powerful one to futureproof yourself

Sent from my XT1021 using Tapatalk

Yeh. ..but there's only 50 watts between the 2 but one has 100amps @ 12v. ...but the other is 47amps @25v.....can't decide which is best. ....I've read loads but am sstill none the wiser. .lol!!The 720i is2x 500w @2x20amps.....

Edited by evssv

I think your best bet is to contact the person who makes the PSU and ask their opinion on what would be best for your requirements. Sorry I can't be of more help

Sent from my XT1021 using Tapatalk

Read that link: essentially, if you are using a mahoosive charger to charge small packs, buy a PSU to suit the pack requirements, not what the charger is capable of outputting.

You would of course need a PSU upgrade down the line, where bigger packs to be required.

It is heartening to know that Hyperion equipment is being used in more RC households...only been banging on about 'em for two years ;)

Do the math, as per the guide... Whatever wattage is required for one pack, will be doubled for parallel charging.

Appreciate it seems daunting (not a math man by nature myself), but like soldering, practice makes perfect ;)