• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

how to remove a stuck bolt in the cooling head?

alex_666

hi i am planning on stripping my old trx 2.5 down an re-building it as a spare engine the cooling head is pretty knackerd any way so i was planning on changing it but the problem is when i was removing the head screws the end of the allen key snapped in one of the bolts so how the hell do i remove the bolt i was thinking of cutting it off with a hacksaw and then removing the bolt. or is there a better way?

hi i am planning on stripping my old trx 2.5 down an re-building it as a spare engine the cooling head is pretty knackerd any way so i was planning on changing it but the problem is when i was removing the head screws the end of the allen key snapped in one of the bolts so how the hell do i remove the bolt i was thinking of cutting it off with a hacksaw and then removing the bolt. or is there a better way?

Is the Allen key still stuck in?

And how much is it still stuck in??

Just the tip or a good part of the shaft???

Ziggy

just the tip

AHHHH!!!

Not good....

Only things i can suggest is

1. Wack it with a screwdriver ( + Type) and see if it makes a new grip?

2. Get a dremel out? - Not my typa thing - U best ask Josh (sea118) rofl

Ziggy

AHHHH!!!

Not good....

Only things i can suggest is

1. Wack it with a screwdriver ( + Type) and see if it makes a new grip?

2. Get a dremel out? - Not my typa thing - U best ask Josh (sea118) rofl

Ziggy

or i get my magnetic tool that i have to that can get in small tight places so it will proberbly be able to get them out of screws you can buy these magnetic tools from a tool shop or somthing like this they are very cheap i brought one to get my glowplug out when i was on the beach and had to replace it so i used my new tool lol