• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Newby with lots of questions :)

jamin_00

Hi guys, new here.

Used to have a T Maxx about 6 years ago or so with a Pico .21 inside I think it was. Got rid and got in to heli's but just recently got a Traxxas E Revo BL waterproof version. Always like them since I saw them and now just seemed a good time to grab one.

Im running mine on 2 x 2s7400 lipo's.

So, my questions :)

Cleaning, it says everything but the fan on the ESC is waterproof. So far I just run it under a running tap gently and then blow dried it with my car dryer. Works fine but can I simply cover the ESC and then completely soak it in a pre wash detergent and rinse it or something. Everything else says its completely waterproof.

Hop ups, where do you get yours? What would you recommend I upgrade?

Tracks, any good ones in Essex I can go to with my 5 year old?

Tyres, want some wheels and tyres for tarmac, what would you suggest?

And how good is the Traxxas app!! Put it in training mode and he loved it and I was happy that it was slowed down for him to play with. His first time today :)

Wet car = rusty bearings = smashed gears.

Just a warning for you that although the electrics are waterproof, the metal components will rust. Diff gears are held in place on bearings, the bearings rust, then fail, then the gears fall out of mesh and you're packing up early.

• Like 1

I don't think they'll help much, they have their own frailties. If you're going to get the car wet, just try to limit how wet it gets. Then when you get home you need to get busy with after run care, dry it thoroughly etc.

I know some people remove bearings and then remove the seals. Then pack the bearing full of marine grease, then refit the seal and reassemble the car. This is done before wet-running as a preventative measure. It's a lot of work, but probably worth it if you can't wait for the sun and dry ground.