• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

*** Updated Hyper owners club ***

So I got hold of a Hobbywing 2700kv and esc that can run 2 0r 4 cell lipo. Ran it with a 3250 2 cell for first time.... its proparly fast....

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Welcome Gummi

Got some pics for us??

So I got hold of a Hobbywing 2700kv and esc that can run 2 0r 4 cell lipo. Ran it with a 3250 2 cell for first time.... its proparly fast....

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Is that 2700kv a 540 sized motor?  I'd watch temps with it as A hyper is a heavy beast to be moved by a 1/10 can.

Edited by capri-boy

Can any one tell me what hyper this is I got it being told it was a 8.5 but I'm not sure that it is it came with a hyper 21 3port heat sink so I don't think the 8 port is the standard

image_3.jpg

image_1.jpg

image_2.jpg

image_5.jpg

image_5.jpg

image_6.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you Capri-boy
I now have a combo, Losi Lipo tray and new front sway bar for the hyper :sweatdrop:

d48b6d1e125596aee35330e34de9f1f0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Jeff_H
  • Like 2

Hi all , I'm Dan from sunny Bournemouth hehehe, here's my Haboa H2 Pro currently running 8.5t speed passion motor,hk 60 amp esc , I received it from a fellow club member with a box of tryes , toolbox full of unopened spares + 5 lipo packs , great little deal .I fried the esc on Sunday crashing an rolling through the only puddle on the street lol, so Alex from scrc is kindly doing me a deal on a trackstar 120 turbo esc + 6.5 t motor : good , Next up for it are some proline pro shocks,I'm not a fan of the colour and my only gripe with the kit, from the states because they are much cheaper , an a nova slipper clutch kit to handle the power [emoji2] 84c97d7d82120ca7c2364216f26ee103.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Hi all , I'm Dan from sunny Bournemouth hehehe, here's my Haboa H2 Pro currently running 8.5t speed passion motor,hk 60 amp esc , I received it from a fellow club member with a box of tryes , toolbox full of unopened spares + 5 lipo packs , great little deal .I fried the esc on Sunday crashing an rolling through the only puddle on the street lol, so Alex from scrc is kindly doing me a deal on a trackstar 120 turbo esc + 6.5 t motor : good , Next up for it are some proline pro shocks,I'm not a fan of the colour and my only gripe with the kit, from the states because they are much cheaper , an a nova slipper clutch kit to handle the power [emoji2] 84c97d7d82120ca7c2364216f26ee103.jpg

2dba60c02dff6d90045029ae55b6a16f.jpg

Working from home today [emoji6][emoji6]

Progress has been made

3491e0f5ade163817606f4e0a2baae4e.jpg
de526a3aa5e69a2da7e72ed9f2cbb179.jpg
171c324f4f4d2b79d81b9ef4d8deffed.jpg

All that's needed now is a Pinny and some 5.5mm bullets for my Lipos and she's ready to fly

Edited by Jeff_H
  • Like 1

Working from home today [emoji6][emoji6]

Progress has been made

3491e0f5ade163817606f4e0a2baae4e.jpg

de526a3aa5e69a2da7e72ed9f2cbb179.jpg

171c324f4f4d2b79d81b9ef4d8deffed.jpg

All that's needed now is a Pinny and some 5.5mm bullets for my Lipos and she's ready to fly

Looking goood.  Tis missing a little something else though - MUD and dust and other detritus.  The on off switch, wrapped in a little servo tape, will fit in the little cut out on the batt tray - awkardish position to get to but much safe than on the side guard.

edit:

T'other bits posted 1st class :thumbsup:

Edited by capri-boy
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

You won't be disappointed that's for sure. Cobbled together an esc mounting tray and lay down servo top plate out of an old Supastox chassis today. The esc bolts to the tray as I'm fed up with double sided tape coming unstuck. Should be ready for tomorrow nights practice weather permitting. Could do with a new body shell without nitro holes any ideas what fits that is available? The Hyper 7 seems quite wide compared to the newer buggies.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

You won't be disappointed that's for sure. Cobbled together an esc mounting tray and lay down servo top plate out of an old Supastox chassis today. The esc bolts to the tray as I'm fed up with double sided tape coming unstuck. Should be ready for tomorrow nights practice weather permitting. Could do with a new body shell without nitro holes any ideas what fits that is available? The Hyper 7 seems quite wide compared to the newer buggies.

She's a fat beast alright.  Easiest option for a new shell is the Hyper 7 one, it come's uncut and looks OK for a cab forward design.  Otherwise some work is needed - RC8.2be shells sorta fit, though the sideguards splay the side of the shell a little, older Kyosho shells (mp777 / 7.5 era) fit (as they and the 7 are v v similar in many ways).

Only solution for a modern shell is to replace the 7's sideguards - iirc Mugen mbx6 (or maybe 7) are the ones to use - though you will need to drill new screw holes in the 7 chassis.  

Edited by capri-boy

Hi mate I just joined scrc been down couple times with my H2, love the track and the guys are cool , I'm buying a 8.5 hyper brushless off a club members can't wait lol .