• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

RC Drift Noob

dbrunton

Hi Guys I have just got into RC drifting or should I say attempting to drift. I bought an FTX banzai as a begginer car but I have already changed the motor to an hpi firebolt and bought the hpi sc15wp esc. I am going to order the all the carbon chassis parts and the alloy parts you can get in the end and maybe upgrade to a brushless once my skills get a bit better. The banzai doesnt seemnto have a lock diff but says it has a slipper diff would it be ideal to lock the diff off and does anyone have any guidance on how to do that.

My friend has also started a blog site as a begginers view to rc drifting if any of yous are interested in having a look here is the link.

http://thercdriftnoob.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

I wouldn't bother wasting your money on carbon and alloy upgrades on this chassis.

Its a starting point to get you into drifting but you'll soon want to be drifting around with opposite lock and you'll never get that with this chassis as its only 50-50. (Equal power to both front and rear wheels)

Look at countersteer (rear wheels get overdriven) or rwd videos on youtube

Driving styles and techniques change completely

I'm uploading some more recent video of both rwd and CS but here's my first test with the sakura d3

After stating off with a tamiya tl01la

• Like 1