• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

choosing a battery

ProBlitz

Bit of a cheap lipo but it should be okay for a 1/10 2wd model.

Your motor will be fine with 8.4v- fully charged nimhs tend to be a fair bit higher than their rated voltage too.

As for different battery types- doesn't matter, voltage is voltage, all you need to think about is draining the lipos too low and damaging them. If your esc doesn't have a lipo mode ( cut off voltage setting ), then you need to get a cheap lipo alarm that warns you when the voltage is low & when to stop running the model. Look on ebay for 'lipo alarm' and you'll see what you need.

thx again for your help the car its 4wd :( i think it wont matter i dont know

about the alarm i think i will get one from HK if i bought the battery there :)

edit: im also thinking in one of these i can fit those much better in my battery tray than the usual hard case lipos

Edited by ProBlitz

im thinking on incresing the budget for the charger but not too much ;)

any oppinion on the MaxPro Easy 80 or suggestion?

edit: any one know if team corally or gens ace batterys are good?

Edited by ProBlitz

On the recommendation from a couple of the more experienced guys on this forum, I got myself this badboy and the corresponding power supply.  It's superb, such a good buy.  I'm just glad I got a refund on my cheap charger from the shop i got it from.

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/racing-star-rs16-180w-16a-dc-charger/rc-car-products/380579

sk-100078-01.jpg

Remember the old maxim; buy cheap, buy twice.

Edited by Zombi

yep... but i dint have budget for that... well the dynamite has a 5 years warranty.... i ordered the dynamite charger and a traxxas lipo hope that everything works fine and thx everybody for the help so far, i will bring some updates when i got the stuff :)