• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Lunchbox v ftx carnage

Kristian2002

My lunchbox has a 20t Saturn in at moment, looks like I might need to have a rethink about speed.

COG hugely different too, I've not driven a Lunchbox since about 1992 or thereabouts but I seem to remember rolling the bugger at anything more than stock speeds.

As a counterpoint, whilst the Carnage is more stable and faster than the Lunchbox, you might well run into the opposite problem that its not as much fun. The Lunchbox has terrible handling but thats the cars whole reason to exist - it will never win a race but it will always raise a smile. In comparison the Carnage whist miles better is a little 'dull' to drive.

• Like 1

Lunchboxes (and their close relatives) are all about 'smiles per mile', having one is more like having a pet than an RC car, lol

Case in point ONE and TWO :thumbsup:

There's loads of simple upgrades for them, which can have exciting results, but still not hyper performance ... one day I do hope to own one of the other family members for when I'm out with my Lunchbox owning friend (it's on the list right after a scale trail truck, lol)

• Like 1