• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Udi R/C u818A Quadcopter Manual

crashbarrier

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum and this is post number one and I'm already looking for help, so I apologise for that.

I have a Udi u818A quadcopter (actually 2) for which I have just fitted a camera to. I have just realised that my instruction manual is in Chinese and there is no mini cd. Does anyone have a copy of the English manual that I could have? I can provide proof that the quad, and manual, exists if there is any doubt. I have searched the internet and cannot find a download or image anywhere.

Can you help? I greatly appreciate any assistance.

P.S. Thank you RCMonkee for the steer towards the batteries on ebay.

the controller. 

left stick = yaw and throttle 

right stick = pitch and elevator with roll left and right (forwards backwards, tip left tip right )

your LCD, on the left side are two buttons, the top one enables the camera photo function.

press it the camera takes a photo.

on the same left side below the camera button is a video mode button you hit it once to turn on video and once again to turn off video.

on the right side of the LCD you have two buttons  upper and lower. 

upper is 360 inversion aka the flip or barrel roll button push this and the right stick forwards you do a front flip

backwards and button back flip and so on. 

the lower button is MODE, 

mode 1 is a slower flight, the sticks seem mushy and not so twitchy. ideal for learning to fly

Mode 2 is a more agressive dialed in mode here the sticks act more agressive and twitchy.

you will build up from flying in mode to to flying in mode two.

The best BATTERY for its price is the hobbyking nanotech 1s 600mah .

trust me when i say very good battery for its price and a good name brand to.

i have two nanotech 600s fitting my micro quad ( a version below yours and a generic brand).

upgrade: 

now if your not into video you can add a landing feet kit ( the wltoys v959 landing skid )

it screws on where your camera normaly seats.

if you want more locked in and agressive power , you want to find some GWS 5443 CW/CCW props.

these will fit direct to your quadcopter and turn in into one angry powerfilled mini beast. I myself run a set of upgraded props

and most of the guys in forums upgraded to the sports props to. the quadcopter come alive with a prop conversion.

you get better lift, more power and your quad seems very touchy on the throttle , you gain MORE LIFT.

to find the props have a look over at ebay uk and use search term " GWS 5443 " 

you need two CW and two CCW for the upgrade and well worth it to.

Tamiyacowboy,

thank you for a most comprehensive post and some great info about upgrades. Once I have managed to get the thing at least stable I will move on to running just like any bloke would do! Let's forget about walking.

Luckily 'sltatts' managed to find a copy online, in about 30secs, and email it to me. Now, if only I had set Google to search 'the world' instead of just the UK then I might have saved myself looking a right numpty.