• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Firestorm Flux - wont go

Philthy

Hi all,

While driving around our home track i took it over a jump, it landed and then started to slow until it stopped. Inintially i thought the battery was dead but after a full charge still no go.

When i plug it in there is no noise (tune) and the green light in the ESC continuously flashes

Any tips on what is wrong, tests i can do and how to fix would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Have you checked your trims? have you tried recalibrating? Does the steering still work ie is there a loss of signal between tx and rx? Have you checked aerial on rx? checkec all rx connectors?

Edited by stretch

Basically! Just give the car a thorough going over checking all wires and connections to make sure nothing is amiss.

I have read the instruction manual and i am not sure how to do these things. Can you please give me some tips?

Which manual did you read?

Trims refer to pages 8-10 of the manual http://www.hpiracing.com/assets/documents/instruction_manuals/110680-efirestorm_flux-us-m-v2.pdf where it says 'reverse switch' and 'centre throttle trim' also page 15 where it says 'steering trim'

Recalibrating again refer to page 10-11 which says 'ESC setup calibration'

Also check your failsafe, it's in the manual under 'failsafe'

By checking steering still works I mean when you turn on the transmistter and reciever and the esc lights green when you move the steering on the transmitter left and right do the wheels turn?

Checking the aerial means seeing if it's physically still attached to the reciever or is it missing/broken.

Check rx connectors means are the connectors from the steering servo and esc still connected to the reciever and are undamaged etc.

Edited by stretch