• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

hpi sprint 2 flux grinding noise ?

harry118

Hi

I seem to be getting a bad brinding noise from my sprint from the back diff and moter area when the car.

if i lift the car off the floor and throttle its fine just when its on the floor driving

the noise only comes after half throttle or harsh power is given

Moved the moter pinion and spur tighter so its not that

diff seems in place and good

come to a dead end now car is only been out 2 or 3 times from new

any help would be good

thabns and have avood xmas

harry

You need to mesh the pinion and spur properly,you don't want it too tight or too loose. Because either way it will have that noise. Check there are no stones caught anywhere along the drivetrain. Also could be the diff itself, open it up and check for grease.

Thanks guys hope it's not the moter

Nuttyp I have taken and moved the mesh to tight to loose still the same problem

I took rear dog bones off rear and the noise goes if that help any one under stand better.

Also could it be that my rear belt has become loose over time as I hade to change my rear belt cog last week ??

Looked online and few people have same problem to the t as mine and said rear diff screws fell out and was loose but all my screws are in place

Well going on if you take the rear bones out and the noise stops, its your rear diff, strip it, clean it and grease it,could of smashed a tooth on the diff ring itself. Try that, if no luck, check the rear pulley and tighten the belt if it

has a tensioner.

I've had RTR cars that have had no grease in the diffs from the factory so its worth checking everything before you run a car for the first time including loose screws.

Edited by NuttyProfessor