• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

liquid mask. ...

evssv

I used Parma liquid mask before. Worked well but MS no longer sell it, not looked anywhere else tbh. You have to build it up in a few layers and cut your design out with a sharp hobby knife, pick a corner and peal. Building up a few layers makes it easier to peal the mask away.

I used Parma liquid mask before. Worked well but MS no longer sell it, not looked anywhere else tbh. You have to build it up in a few layers and cut your design out with a sharp hobby knife, pick a corner and peal. Building up a few layers makes it easier to peal the mask away.

yeah just watched a vid on how to....jus lookin on ebay and there's a few to choose from...like everything else sum will b better then others... Edited by evssv

I have a shell to do but don't think I want to spend all the time painting it up when I am just going to batter it! Sure there will be opinions on each one. With a little search I am sure you will come to a decision. I only used Parma and worked fine for me but I can't compare to others as it's all I have used liquid wise.

Yes. Practice some flicks on a piece of card or scrap lexan to get the feel for how much to load the brush and how hard to flick depending on the effect you want.

cool...will give it try...I like the splattered look. ...am I going to have to use polycarbonate paint to do the splats...if so this is gonna b expensive....could I not use acrylic paint to splat with??....and then polycarbonate over the top Edited by evssv