• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Schumacher or Associated?

Swampy169

The batteries you recommended Alex are highly rated so may get one pack of them for practice and setup and then get something with a bit more of C rating for racing. If the 25C ones are good enough I may get some more.

Just deliberating what colour to choose for my new car. Candy apple green is winning at the mo! I'm getting far too giddy about all this for a 38 year old!!

You getting a pro painted shell or doing it your self?

I don't have any videos of mine. Don't make your mind up because of one persons car, my friend got a dex410 so I had a go with that then got one my self and they are completely different handling wise with a similar setup. You also need to thing about working on the car, parts price and what upgrades are needed.

I'm not fully committed for that reason. Going to spend more time at tracks and chat to folk more. Have you got shares in Durango? Haha! You seem to love yours which is a good sign mate. I'm not that price sensitive anymore so just want the best kit and something that'll get me winning again. Have had to give up a couple of other hobbies due to a bad back so can put my fun budget into this.

Pop question then Alex>> If money was no object and you had all the time needed to tinker, what would your dream 4WD car and setup be?

Cheers Jony. Will have a look!

Am seriously looking at the Dex410v4 now!! My heads buzzing!! Just had a chat with the chairman of the my local track who says that new parts are hard to come by for the Durangos and suply is slowing right down. Is this true? On the upside there are a couple of drivers with Dex410s at the club which is encouraging.

Is there anything that needs to be upgraded straight away or are they good to go from the box? CATs usually need a change of springs and a couple of wishbone screws shortening to avoid damage to the chassis.

Any other suggestions from the guys reading??

I don't know what's needed straight away as mine had all the parts with it...

titanium turnbuckles

Alloy servo mount

Red gear box holder

Rear weight

Alloy rear diff holders

Rubber covers

I think there's some other bits but I can't remember lol

Edited by alex97

410's need to be driven. They respond well if you throw them into corners but if you are gentle they don't turn enough. I like them cos I'm not smooth so it works for me. Smooth drivers do better with the Xray XB4. Neither need much from the box.

25c isn't enough, not with a 5.5 or 6.5t motor.

Mostly Turnigy nanotechs: 5600mah 65-120c because they are cheap. They aren't BRCA approved though so good for club meets but not regionals. I've got one set of Orion 5500 90c's for regionals and major meetings.