• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

what stick transmitter

jake1*2011

Hello

I'm thinking of getting a 2.4ghz 3ch stick transmitter to replace my now beaten up wheel transmitter. I had a go with a stick transmitter and now prefere them. I've looked on the tinterweb and keep coming across the etronics range or 6ch sticks, now I know there are more 3ch out there somewhere just can't find them. Just a few questions...

What other stick sets are there available for ground use?

How much will one cost that can adjust the trim/end points, model memory etc.

Are there any that has the option of a micro receiver? 

Is there anything in pertcular to look at?

What slrt of budget should I have for one?

The problem is that decent cheap stick radios for surface use are rare. There are plenty of flight use radios but they don't have throttle return springs which means they don't work that well. Otherwise its the Code radios, but I've seen quite a few that didn't work properly and or shelling out a lot more money.

The Sanwa Gemini X is very good if you can stretch to

Thank you all for the info, I'm looking at the core rc pro 3ch and the spectrum dx5. I'd rather the spectrum but only if I can find a throttle return spring. Is there a way to modify the sticks so they only do one action..I.e the throttle side only moves forward/back and the steering left/right instead of both sticks moving in both directions?

I have a Futaba FF7 for my helicopter, in the instructions it shows how to reverse the mechanism. I don't know if its the same with the Spektrum, apparently its the plane guys that swap it over so it may well be. You can get or make shift gates to.

Cheers

Nito

These might fit. Thinking of ordering some and seeing just what diameter they are.

http://www.elitemodelsonline.co.uk/Products/Radio-Equipment/Radio-Sets/Planet/14816-/7710301-PLANET-TX-CHANNEL-ISOLATOR-GUIDE-DISKS-2

John

Now that is what I'm looking for, thank you. Looks like I'm going for a spectrum stick tx!