• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hairy's Baja

HairyGranola

I haven't cut nothing as yet, so if I put the inline filter on the same pipe as the one that already as a filter in the tank.ill be ok

would it put restrictions on the fuel flo?

Shouldnt do, ive only used fuel filters for my nitros and depending on what you have, mine just had peice of mesh in between so it wont affect the fuel flow at all.

Doin a beltin job of that mate

Cheers bud [emoji106][emoji106]

• 3 months later...

Small'ish' update. Recently blew up a king motors monster tyre and needed to upgrade.

Bought myself some hostile mx and zero growth foams, also bought some silverback inner beadlocks as the km inners are like cheese and were partly the cause the tyre ripped out i believe.

a95de8696cd62ca2805fb8fb921718ae.jpg

7823f12e0996f6c6180d3bcb69e23235.jpg

Also while i was on a spending spree i popped over to innovative rc and treated the baja to some of robs big bores. **** me they are insane, they are twice as big as the vvc ones. They look and feel incredible. Price tag is huge, they cost me

i've gone back and forth thinking about getting those shocks for a few weeks.  I can't quite bring myself to drop that amount of money on them, maybe next month. 

I also made the mistake of putting zero growth foams on all 4 wheels when in actual fact you obviously only need them for the rears, still got a couple as spares now :whistling: .  Swapping the fronts back to foams certainly made the front end a bit more responsive saving a load of weight.

Edited by andyknight

i've gone back and forth thinking about getting those shocks for a few weeks. I can't quite bring myself to drop that amount of money on them, maybe next month.

I also made the mistake of putting zero growth foams on all 4 wheels when in actual fact you obviously only need them for the rears, still got a couple as spares now :whistling: . Swapping the fronts back to foams certainly made the front end a bit more responsive saving a load of weight.

I had the same thing, i had them in the cart and was ready to pay then cancelled, but eventually it got to me and i ordered them [emoji23]

Update on the baja.

Got the irc shocks fitted. Really clear instructions on how to bleed them properly etc.

I also ordered the socks for them which are lycra and fit really good.

8d4a639ef1955ba51afa87ba74fdd8a0.jpg

08a0448d8734fa6a6a584c9911a19ee8.jpg

Got the hostile mx fitted with zero growth foams - ive read about them being hell to fit and i agree, my fingers were in pain after [emoji23]

Also fitted the inner silverback beadlocks rings.

a4b14164cc1c57e15ebca701acae6e11.jpg

223e880276f97ea86ef7306de8af7231.jpg

Next got the cage finished. I ordered the kraken cage panels with the idea of fitting them to the king motor cage and with a bit if trimming of the sides they fit fine. Also got the top light rack fitted.

cc625ae8704787ec40e36ca909cbe2bb.jpg

6b93869c6de589850de2cbc156d765f9.jpg

27b1e25d551e8ac0f925ebd559d20c4f.jpg

748d39c358fc7be77339bddaf3b4abff.jpg

Until i get more money this is where it stands at the minute!

• Like 1

I had the same thing, i had them in the cart and was ready to pay then cancelled, but eventually it got to me and i ordered them [emoji23]

I've got the rears on order with a selection of shock oils and the MID springs as well.  The Mrs is getting me the fronts for my birthday!

• Like 1

The 5T dominator puts alot of weight further forward in the car so I'm not sure whether I'll need to go to a harder spring up front as well.  Do you mind tellling me what weight oils you are using.  I've order 30,40,60 and 80 to try.

Im using 45 wt all round. Im currently out with it now and i run on gravel/dirt and with no preload on the front and about an inch on the back and its floating across the ground. I think i could maybe do with 60 wt in the rear.

They were definatly worth the money, really satisfied with them.

Im using 45 wt all round. Im currently out with it now and i run on gravel/dirt and with no preload on the front and about an inch on the back and its floating across the ground. I think i could maybe do with 60 wt in the rear.

you want the hd springs the oil wt only stops it from bouncing too much nothing to do with the height/ travel

• Like 1

i ordered the MID springs which are supposed to be progressive, softer at the start than standard but stiffer as you go through the travel.

I thinking i'm going to try a 40/60 combo and see how that works.

• Like 1

i ordered the MID springs which are supposed to be progressive, softer at the start than standard but stiffer as you go through the travel.

I thinking i'm going to try a 40/60 combo and see how that works.

Until youve gone out and driven it yourl not know 100%. Whatever suits you best and how you drive etc! Have you got a thread going? Im interested how you get on with yours [emoji106]

Until youve gone out and driven it yourl not know 100%. Whatever suits you best and how you drive etc! Have you got a thread going? Im interested how you get on with yours [emoji106]

http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/topic/205670-can-you-guess-what-its-going-to-be/

Somehow managed to lose a hub and pin last time i was out so replaced them with the vertigo hubs.

20af250ae3bacd45361633d7fb198b10.jpg

They dont use a set screw in the drive cup they just use an o ring to hold the pin in place. Nice design. Lets see if they stay on [emoji23]

Are they the slightly offset ones?