• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Soo I got my savage

pockets snakes

The knobs under that panel set the end points...

Anything marked 'EPA' is 'End Point Adjustment'. What it means, basically, is how far the servo can move. Turn it up, and the servo will go slightly further...turn it down, and it will not turn as far.

You have one for steering and one for throttle.

Setting all to max is not a good idea. You need to make sure that the servo stops turning before something physically stops it. If...for example...the throttle reaches fully open, and the servo is still pulling....the servo is under stress. This can lead to burnt out servos.

ST EPA is steering endpoints. TH EPA is throttle. H/L and L/R tell you which way the servo is turning for that adjustment. So...'R' on the ST EPA will decide where the servo will turn to when you turn the steering right. H/L are HIGH/LOW .... or effectively...throttle/brake.

ST D/R is 'Steering Dual Rate' ... this determines how much overall steering you have.

I am willing to bet that all turned up to max will be slamming the steering until it physically cannot move any further. Not good. I would set the EPA to about halfway on L and R. Then adjust the D/R until the steering goes as far as it can...then wind it back a bit.

Throttle EPA should ensure the throttle just gets fully open and no further.

Your other controls are servo reversing switches. N - normal..... R-Reverse. Leave those alone :)

Bedfordshire

I twist hsn nearly fill turn mage to get it moving then a tad more it bogs out so I've put it back were it was

I'm giving up on the truck as I went to give it another go and for some reason the wheel won't move on the floor but will off the floor

And also the pull start won't retract it's really getting to me now

The shop fixed her up goof top bloke

I got there he put brand new spur heat on replace pull start gave good tune tread locked loads of bolts and she runs good only charge me for pull start

Can't wait to take her out now

The shop fixed her up goof top bloke

I got there he put brand new spur heat on replace pull start gave good tune tread locked loads of bolts and she runs good only charge me for pull start

Can't wait to take her out now

Took the trick out and it's a beast ran a full tank through rapid went brill apart from the am radio gear I can fualt it Oh yea the steering servo needs changing as it hardl to steering is crap

glad it's Woking for u....u've need a half decent servo for savage stearing

You could move the one that's on steering now to throttle and brake and then get a half decent one for steering duty's.

Can you take a picture from underneath the savage where the steering servo is?  I can tell you which setup your truck has then.

Yea will be one thing I get in new year with rx n tx but man its dirty now

I gotta give a good service diff s and shock oils etc just for extra safety

I also want change battery box the 3 clips are annoying

yeah my boys 3.5 got the 3 clips....right pain in the ass!!..gonna do the swap soon also.....