• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Wrecked my Eazystart on Revo 3.3 gonna try Pullstart!

sean22

Well had my revo 3.3 out on sat with dannys sav 25...and i finally got it tuned up nice but i decided to make it jump a small mount jsut as we were leaving..

anyway after a pretty good run up and a crazy jump it landed upside down in the middle of a main road so when i got it back and took a closer look...

the car would push forward but backward it would just click and jam up...

there was a smash in the top black plastic casing of the eazystart where the motor is and when i took this off the engine the flywheel went both ways again (Glad it wasnt engine or gearbox :) )

it seems a gear mesh had been part off the plastic casing that broken off which was causing the eazystart motor gear to loose grip when going clockwise so it would just jam and not turn...

anyway i decided i wasnt going to pay £40 for a new eazystart unit so ive just ordered a 2.5/3.3 pullstart for it £15 total...

Was wondering if anybody uses a pullstart on there trx 3.3 engine and is it easy to use / better than eazy start?

to be hoenst im glad to have taken all the eazystart off and all the wiring...as i took that [CENSORED]ty optidrive and glow start off too and put forward gears in :)...in my opinion the less electronics the better..

Any suggestions or opinions please post...hehehe

Yeah thats what i was thinking mate...im looking forward to trying the pullstart on the TRX 3.3 engine...

Only thing im worried about is the thing jammed.. cause i know pull starts are bad for

it!

p.s. heres a pic of the damaged eazystart!!! check the white gears showing through the broken case!!!

http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/index.php?act=...si&img=2258

Edited by sean22

pretty lucky it was the ez start and not the 3.3 lol i use the pullstart on my rb323 its so much easier than the ezstart with the big old battery but it did snap but i guess you supposed to stop if the engine wont turn over lol the string is skinny tho so just take it steady :) my ezstart gets burnt away where the manifold goes anyway guess its bigger on the 323??

i changed my ez start on my 2.5 to a pull starter it use to be a [CENSORED] to start but all of a sudden it was liek a new engine but i killed that engine and now on to a 2.5r which i also use a pullstarter and it is so easy i would never go back but i have allredy killed one pull starter they do sometimes get stuck but i found i could wind it back in buy the silver plate by the clutch (i carnt think of the name cus its late lol) but definatley get 1