• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Opinion on good engine

pug=309

Hi, the Force 28 is just the f4.6 by another name isn't it (from what i've read) or is it different. we've looked at the Force engines aswell as lrp ones (they seem quite hyped), are all the Force engines easy to use/tune etc

We're from Dundee but stay in Forfar,  yourself?

Thanks

Allan

Fastrax enduro .21

This.

Cracking engine for the dollar, mighty quick especially if you go for the race pipe combo :good:

EDIT: Slight downside is you'll need a starter box.

Edited by James1986

EDIT: Slight downside is you'll need a starter box.

There is a question then..

Does the OP have a box or are they prepared to buy one...and battery/charger?

If it has to be pullstart then there are a few options (

Thanks for all the replies, ill get on and look into these engines and any others you might suggest

Well his f4.6 is a rotostart engine, and id be keen to keep to that if possible as i can't use a pull start as i don't have the grip or strength to pull the thing and neither would my son (6 in Jan)

As of the exhaust his truggy has an RD Logic twin exit exhaust (got it for

Edited by pug=309

Well his f4.6 is a rotostart engine, and id be keen to keep to that if possible as i can't use a pull start as i don't have the grip or strength to pull the thing and neither would my son (6 in Jan)

The

• Like 1

That Schumacher engine is just beautiful, especially with the purple heatsink.

Has anyone here got any experience with that engine?

Thank you all very much for all this advice

Allan

Can i ask what problems is the engine giving you?

Hello, the main problem is/was getting it to start, we have fuel, new (hpi) glowplugs, preheated and fully charged igniter and engine set to factory settings and it'll refuse to start, even to the point of running the igniter and drill/rotostart batteries down. When we first got it (used in a savage xl) it was hesitant to start (even ehwn veiwing, owner said it had just recently had a rebuild) and when it did the receiver signal dropped  (no failsafe)and the whole car went full pelt into a rather thick fence pole, dug the rear wheels in (breaking a few things) then stalling, when i retrieved it, i started it up and got it running as i was afraid there might of been some engine damage, the engine ran seemingly fine, so i added after run oil and waited till parts (and 2.4ghz and failsafe) came.

Since then i've replaced "O" ring sets, exhaust gaskets, 3 one way bearings (im on the third and its gone without the engine even firing up even though i tried). The head has 2 different sized screws  in it and had 4 copper shims (hpi customer service advised me that there should only be 2)

My wife and i have gotten to the point where we try sneaking out with it trying to get it to run as its hard seeing our son's face fall when we go to take him out with it and it fails to run, whether this is the engine or our inexperience i don't know

http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/topic/199930-hpi-f46-engine-helpadvice-needed-please/#entry2071316

Here is a link to the torn down engine pics as i have asked for some advice as this is the first nitro i've stripped down

Thank you

Allan

That Schumacher engine is just beautiful, especially with the purple heatsink.

Has anyone here got any experience with that engine?

The engine in that link comes with a grey head..turbo plug... http://www.racing-cars.com/pp/Product_Category/Nitro/G598.html

I do not have experience with that engine but with the engine it is based on..Picco P3.28...it is a very good engine.

Right, so they only sell the grey head and not the purple, good job you pointed that out, thank you

Anyone know where i can find a purple topped one, my bing search is drawing blanks

Allan

Before you buy this engine make sure it will fit in your car first

the reason the head is like that is because it was designed to fit in a touring car (Schumacher fusion .28)

it might fit easy but is alot of money to then find out it doesnt

yes,it is a very good engine

• Like 1

Both are for the fusion its just that the grey one has a turbo head.

i just about managed to squeeze that engine into a savage a few years ago

• Like 1

I should not have many if any problems with space, there's quite a generous amount of space on his truggy. The only thing i might need to change is the battery/receiver box (hyper 8.5 one) but that wont matter if i do.

So the purple is a non turbo head and the grey is a turbo head ?   Would the heatsinks be interchangeable or would i have to change to a non turbo head.

Is there any advantage over turbo/non turbo head/button (or whatever else it's called?

Sorry for all the questions

Allan

The cooling heads are separate to the head buttons (bit plug screws into).

Turbo type plugs generally give more rpm over the standard type...but they are a bit more expensive.

The engine with the grey head is also fitted with a newer carb. 

I doubt you will find a new purple head engine, I seem to remember them being sold off for 99quid a few years ago....but you might be lucky.