• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hobao 7 TQ Steering servo

Scooper53

Hi chaps

Brand new to here so hello.

I have just purchased this car and have only managed to put half a tank through it and then with the lightest tap on the curb (very slow as breaking in) and bang, there we go steering servo has broken!! Bloody thing! Running time total of about 6 minutes! I need a cheap but good new servo (unless I can get the shop to fix it for free). Any ideas? Cheers. Stu

I'm with Jony, the Alturns are very good for the money. Aim for a high torque for steering over a high speed servo :good:

This would be ideal: http://www.modelsport.co.uk/alturn-usa-high-performance-race-servo-high-torque-/rc-car-products/359784

I run the Ultra high torque version in my Hyper 8: http://www.modelsport.co.uk/alturn-usa-high-performance-race-servo-ultra-high-torque-/rc-car-products/371394

• 2 weeks later...

I have good experience using Savox servos in all 3 of my cars.

Buy cheap, then buy again next year.

Or Buy a Savox SC-1256, stick it in and forget all about steering servos for the years to come.

My 2c. _

Thanks guys, have had a savox metal geared fitted and boy what a difference! 10kg steering and it's so quick, sharp and powerful.

Loving my new car (ho bao hyper 7 TQ) just got to get another 5 tanks through it and it's run in.

Thanks guys, have had a savox metal geared fitted and boy what a difference! 10kg steering and it's so quick, sharp and powerful.

Loving my new car (ho bao hyper 7 TQ) just got to get another 5 tanks through it and it's run in.