• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Arrma Typhon/Kraton Owners Club

Devin

Looks like a really nice buggy but at 60 cuid cheaper I'd be leaning toward the Thunder Tiger EB4-G3 tried and tested but yeah only 4s compatible stock. I read this thread from start and the Arrma's seem to have a few teething problems also.

Just to add to those pins breaking a lot of guys are reporting the pins in the diffs are breaking too, so keep your eye on them as a new set of diff gears is not cheap apparently ?.  :shockingscary:

It does seem to have a few teething problems the biggest being its electrics but i'm sure these will get worked out  :thumbsup:

To be fair, nearly all standard servos are way under powered, some 8th scale still have plastic gears meaning they will strip the gears with even the slightest of mishaps....may as well save yourself the hassle and upgrade sooner rather than later.

I'm going to give the top one a try, i can't be bothered messing around claiming warranty repairs every couple of weeks or so.

I'm going to give the top one a try, i can't be bothered messing around claiming warranty repairs every couple of weeks or so.

Just out of curiosity before buying a Savox or Hitec I bought this   http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=61501 for my TT MT4 as the stock servos are rubbish and guess what, it's absolutely fine can't go wrong at that price. Should fit if not you'll find one that does all the servo dimensions  are clearly shown on the site.

Just an update on my typhon...earlier this week I was bashing it and I busted the wing mount. It was a worthy crash. I jumped it about 5 foot in the air, and it was headed for a tree so I instinctively hit the brakes mid-air. It did a half front flip and "lawn darted" upside down straight into the wing. Luckily it hit the ground and not the tree, but unfortunately didn't walk away unscathed. It was pretty cold out (around 30

Really getting tempted to buy a Kraton,I'm following this thread with interest.....mmmmm......

KingPin

I was going to get one but after a mate bought one and i saw his in the flesh and drove it round i quickly changed my mind !!.. 

There OK but nothing special.. There is a great thread over on urc but there site is down at the minute.. They seem to be having a few issues with the electrics, bearings, knuckles, wing mounts, pillow balls diff's and few other little bits so you might want to hold off for a while ?? 

I was going to get one but after a mate bought one and i saw his in the flesh and drove it round i quickly changed my mind !!.. 

There OK but nothing special.. There is a great thread over on urc but there site is down at the minute.. They seem to be having a few issues with the electrics, bearings, knuckles, wing mounts, pillow balls diff's and few other little bits so you might want to hold off for a while ??

I havent read anything about bearings, knuckles, or diffs. Im Pretty sure i was following the same thread on urc. Did you read about these issues somewhere else? In the meantime, i gave a buddy of mine who runs a machine shop my broken wing mount.hes going to see what he can fab up on the cnc machine.

I havent read anything about bearings, knuckles, or diffs. Im Pretty sure i was following the same thread on urc. Did you read about these issues somewhere else? In the meantime, i gave a buddy of mine who runs a machine shop my broken wing mount.hes going to see what he can fab up on the cnc machine.

Not sure we are reading the same thread then ? There was 2 threads one on the Kraton and one on the Typhon on the kraton thread guys where shattering bearings cracking front knuckles burning out ESC snapping the pins in the diffs and so on . So you must have been reading another thread ?.

Alloy wing mounts are not the best idea imo as the cause too much stress to there mounting point and just snap there instead or bend but I hope you find a fix .

Okay guys I've ordered a new servo from asiatees, it's there cheapest one I think can't remember of the top of my head but it's 20kg with decent speed hopefully it will be ample to steer the typhon, how is the alturn USA servo holding up