• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Possible upgrade brushless combo for maverick ion's

RCCarFan82

Hi there, i have a Maverick Ion mt and looking towards getting a brushless conversion done to it and wondered what would be a suitable replacement as there a various ones out there and some good and some bad. reason for converting powerplant is the all in one ESC/ RX is playing up and thought it might be the best time to replace with something which can shift. ive had the car a while so its  well used. Any help with a good combo would be awesome...

Cheers 

Could you squeeze in and safely run a mini vxl motor that's probably the best 370 around. Then any esc if need be remove the case to make it smaller.

Like a hobbywing 60a ect.

Might be too big and too much for the ion tho but it's the best mini system I know of.

Edited by RCbutcher
  • Like 1

Hiya, thanks for that ill look into it. I'm needing to do the change to brushless because the ex/esc board I think is failing as th esc is getting very hot and motor going same way. I have heard good things about the mini erevo motor and esc so ill defo look into it. Thanks again. :-)