• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Currently Nitro - Wanting to go electric.

SafUk

Hi all,

I currently have a nitro (HPI RS4 1st gen) its running sweet but im loving these electric drifters/on road cars, and want to go down that route.

I want something i can learn to drift with or just use it on tarmac as normal

I hear tamiyya TT01 thrown about alot, is that a good one to start with?

I also see alot of Drift spec RTR's online, but out of my price range.

Now the most important bit, my budget:

I am going to sell my nitro and put in a bit extra but budget is not massive, about

Out of the 3, the Vaterra GTR looks nicest and price isnt bad but how good is: "inline-mounted 15T brushed motor", in performance terms?

It says 540 type motor.

What kinda speeds will that motor do reallistically?

(Ive read the guide on here but if anybody has the same motor they will be able to give more realistic info)

TT01 / 02 is an entry-level chasiss. There's nothing wrong with it, it's just a bit 'sloppy' with big tolerances for ease of construction for beginners. A belt driven car will drift a bit better, something like a second-hand TA05 maybe?

What is your budget?

The Veterra offerings look superb value for money, but as a relatively new name on the market they are often overlooked. I'm not sure what the parts availability or upgrades are like?

I was in two minds about buying a vaterra at 1st but the detail is very good and build quality is ace as they are owned by horizon hobbies which also own losi and as for upgrades they have some and wont be long till aftermarket parts are available :):) also here is a pic of the speed

20140912_141458_zpspun1cpvt.jpg

20140912_140342_zpsrmxh2o0x.jpg

Chris